New Rifle! (Pics)

Browseline

Reaction score
Nice looking rifle. I like bolt actions. Have you shot it without ear protection? I bet it is tough on the ears in a hunting situation.

Grandkid

Reaction score
Nice Rack and scope. That camo makes it hard to see the gun.....:D
Roger-

Browseline

Reaction score
Have not shot it without protection. Could be. You think worse than a 760 carbine?
I couldn't tell from the pictures for sure, but it looks like it has a muzzle brake on it? I had one on my A-bolt and the first time I shot it without ear protection my ears rang for the rest of the day. I had to put on a solid BOSS to cut down the noise to be able to hunt with it. The muzzle break cut down the recoil as compared to the solid BOSS, but I couldn't handle the noise.

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
I couldn't tell from the pictures for sure, but it looks like it has a muzzle brake on it? I had one on my A-bolt and the first time I shot it without ear protection my ears rang for the rest of the day. I had to put on a solid BOSS to cut down the noise to be able to hunt with it. The muzzle break cut down the recoil as compared to the solid BOSS, but I couldn't handle the noise.
I had a 45-70 carbine with a ported barrel where the blast was directed up through a series of holes on either side of the front sight. Even in a hunting situation shooting deer, it would almost make you want to drop the gun and whip the blood from your ears after a couple shots. Had to send that down the road.

Reaction score
I had a 45-70 carbine with a ported barrel where the blast was directed up through a series of holes on either side of the front sight. Even in a hunting situation shooting deer, it would almost make you want to drop the gun and whip the blood from your ears after a couple shots. Had to send that down the road.
That is why Marlin doesn't port the guide gun barrels anymore. Everyone complained about how loud they were. I have one without a ported barrel and it is still pretty loud. When I shoot a deer with it my father in law always says he knows that it is me shooting and not some other hunter.

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
That is why Marlin doesn't port the guide gun barrels anymore. Everyone complained about how loud they were. I have one without a ported barrel and it is still pretty loud. When I shoot a deer with it my father in law always says he knows that it is me shooting and not some other hunter.
They offered to take the ported ones back and fill and reblue, but I ended up trading mine. I often think about getting another.

NorthMaine

Reaction score
Any feeding issues with the new Model 7? Buddy at work bought one and had to have it sent back because it wouldn't feed smoothly.

longbow

Reaction score
Any feeding issues with the new Model 7? Buddy at work bought one and had to have it sent back because it wouldn't feed smoothly.
No problems with the 10 rounds I shot. Won’t get a chance to shoot it until next week, probably shoot another 10 or so and hopefully it’ll be ready. Will shoot the 35 Whelen also. Headed up to Maine on the 23rd. My sons going up with me this year, he is 16, will be his first deer hunt in Maine. He shot a moose up there in 2017.

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
No problems with the 10 rounds I shot. Won’t get a chance to shoot it until next week, probably shoot another 10 or so and hopefully it’ll be ready. Will shoot the 35 Whelen also. Headed up to Maine on the 23rd. My sons going up with me this year, he is 16, will be his first deer hunt in Maine. He shot a moose up there in 2017.
I really wish that rifle had a magazine.

Im trying to decide if I should sell or trade my browning x bolt and get one, or just find someone competent to cut and crown my x bolt down to 18 inches. Finding a good gunsmith around here has been challenging.

Reaction score
I really wish that rifle had a magazine.

Im trying to decide if I should sell or trade my browning x bolt and get one, or just find someone competent to cut and crown my x bolt down to 18 inches. Finding a good gunsmith around here has been challenging.
Just wondering is there something else about the X-bolt you dont like over all (other than barrel length) ? I'm not much of a bolt fan but picked up one last year in 06 and like it a lot better than my savage bolt, especially the magazine.

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
Just wondering is there something else about the X-bolt you dont like over all (other than barrel length) ? I'm not much of a bolt fan but picked up one last year in 06 and like it a lot better than my savage bolt, especially the magazine.
I love the gun. Very accurate, crisp trigger, magazine is great. Don’t like the 22” inch barrel.

ahmoore

Reaction score
KC, regarding clip, don’t think they offer Kwik Klip in Model Seven, only Model 700; too bad, as the Kwik Klip conversion worked perfectly on my 700. As for shortening, have you heard of Hillbilly Custom Rifles, a gunsmith in VT. Has website and FB page.

kevin in nh

Reaction score
Nice looking rifle and the older I get less weight is always a consideration. Good luck in Maine this year!