New Rifle! (Pics)

longbow

Reaction score
Came in today. I love this rifle! ;)

Remington Model 7 Threaded KUIU, .308 Win. Put the scope I had on my Henry 45-70. Leupold VX3, 1.5-5. I think it fits the rifle nicely. Comes in at 6lbs, 4oz total with everything on it. Like a feather in your hand. 36" total length. I will post again after I shoot it probably on Thursday.

Attachments

Last edited:

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
This rifle is very simple, compact, light, few moving parts. No rattles. ;) If I can hit a pie plate with it every time from 100 yards it may be my new first string.
Nice Looking Little Shorty ! I bet it will shoot a lot better than a pie plate at 100 yards. I bet it can pattern down to a golf ball and at worst down to a tennis ball at 100 yards.

Looks like a bunch of sad rattling orphaned whelen's are going to be looking for a new home. :(

longbow

Reaction score
Nice Looking Little Shorty ! I bet it will shoot a lot better than a pie plate at 100 yards. I bet it can pattern down to a golf ball and at worst down to a tennis ball at 100 yards.

Looks like a bunch of sad rattling orphaned whelen's are going to be looking for a new home. :(
Thanks. We'll see how it goes.

Reaction score
Didn't realize it was a 16 1/2" barrel until I looked it up, should be a quick handling rifle. That laminated one didn't look too bad either with the 18" barrel. Good luck with it at the range

longbow

Reaction score
Shot today. Trigger is adjustable and I lightened it up a little. Very crisp. Fired about 10 shots with 180 grain CoreLokt and got it sighted in pretty good a 100 yards. The last two shots are pictured. Recoil was not bad at all. Will do some more tweaking and practice before the season.

Attachments

Last edited:

JDK

Reaction score
Nice

Just for conversation, 150 grain Power Shok Federal Blue Box ammo (the cheap wally world stuff) had been very accurate in my 308s.

longbow

Reaction score
Nice

Just for conversation, 150 grain Power Shok Federal Blue Box ammo (the cheap wally world stuff) had been very accurate in my 308s.
Thanks for the info. I have about 6 boxes of the CoreLokt, so unless I have a problem with them I will most likely stick with them. Those were the last 2 shots in the picture after I had shot 8 or so rounds while making scope adjustments.

Mikejd

Reaction score
Nice. I like that camo pattern. I have a few model sevens myself. When I sit I carry one in 260rem. I don't like carrying a bolt they are just not comfortable in the hand for me. But it is a nice handling gun.

kevin in nh

Reaction score
That is one sweet looking carbine you have there. Carrying that on your Maine "walk about" hunts all day will be a cake walk!