New Potential World Record Black Bear Shot in Pennsylvania

bigbore442001

Reaction score
It seems that the Pocono area of Pennsylvania is producing some very large bear. I am not sure as to why but bear in mind that it would be very tough hunt. No dogs or bait.

Escout711

Reaction score
It seems that the Pocono area of Pennsylvania is producing some very large bear. I am not sure as to why but bear in mind that it would be very tough hunt. No dogs or bait.
My grandfather lived in the Poconos in the late 80's- early 90's in the town of Cresco. We used to watch 3 or 4 bears at a time come through and ravage his bird feeders. It got so bad that he took to carrying his. 45 with him whenever we went out at night.

Escout711

Reaction score
I just bought bear and deer tags for this fall in the Poconos.!!!! :cool:
Roy, the first deer hunt I ever went on was with my grandfather in the Poconos. We didn't see any deer,but I sure felt like a man toting that old Model 70 through the woods. Strong memories.

bigrak

Reaction score
Roy, the first deer hunt I ever went on was with my grandfather in the Poconos. We didn't see any deer,but I sure felt like a man toting that old Model 70 through the woods. Strong memories.
Times have changed, Strong memories don't!!!!
This year they have available 25,000 doe licenses in that unit.
They have an archery season 10 days into Jan. I may just do.;)

Last edited:

bigbore442001

Reaction score
Does anyone hunt the early October antlerless muzzleloader? I recall a trip to the area two years ago and some people commented that they did not believe too many people hunted that special season.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
I live just over the river from the Poconos in NJ. See plenty of big bears here too. Some in the 600 lb range and bigger. By gun/bear season they are usually gone, but see them during the bow season.