New Hunting Forum Topic (Administrators)

Bowhunter65

Reaction score
I guess this needs to be asked of the administrators.

Is it possible to have a Forum for members to evaluate hunts they have had with Outfitters? I know there is a large group on HC that hunts with outfitters and it would be nice to know who to book with or who to stay away from.

Not looking for Outfitters to advertise, just hunters opinion of their experience, cost, food, lodging. etc.

Thanks, Happy New Year. BH65 >>>===============>

Molsonvt

Reaction score
Sounds like a pretty good idea, we would all like to get more opinions on outfitters from people we trust. But....how are we going to keep the outfitters themselves from signing up and using this forum as a commercial???? Maybe a minimum post count or something.?.?.? Just wondering, I trust the members here, but always would be skeptical of a new member in such a forum.

DLuke

World Record Non-Typical
Reaction score
Devil's Advocate here....will it be a breeding ground for uprisings if somebody gets badmouthed. We just had a slight issue here with this, do we want to construct a playing field for this to happen on a semi-regular basis?

DeerMeadowFarm

Reaction score
I think the benifits to the members of actual experiences out weigh any possible backlash.[/b]
I agree... It's just something we'll have to watch closely and close down any threads that start heading in the wrong direction...

bowhunter1968

Reaction score
I agree... It's just something we'll have to watch closely and close down any threads that start heading in the wrong direction...[/b]

I always like to start things heading in the wrong direction LOL Just KIdin great idea.

DosPlumasRanch

Reaction score
Sounds like your trying to move in the right direction...bravo.I have always felt that an outfitter should have the right to respond to a post before it gets out of hand. Other web sites send outfitters an immediate notice that a posting has been made, good or bad about their outfitting.This gives the outfitter a chance to tell his side if the story before things might get out of hand. As we all are trying to make this business of hunting as ethical as possible, there are always 2 sides to every story.

DLuke

World Record Non-Typical
Reaction score
Well, we're not going to do that, maybe just strongly negative posts will get the outfitter notified, if that. We'll monitor the forum and put together a policy through what we see being posted.

DeerMeadowFarm

Reaction score
Well, we're not going to do that, maybe just strongly negative posts will get the outfitter notified, if that.[/b]
The best thing for any outfitter to do is to become a member here and check in periodically....

bigbuck28

Reaction score
I think this is a great idea......asp the taxideremiest part....

Steve Smith

Reaction score
Instead of a thread dedicated to guide evaluation how about requiring all guides to have a readily obtained page on their advertisements that allow a person to evaluate their experience with the guide. In that way the guide or outfitter could answer any bad input on the page. Make this so that the page can be accessed only by hunting chat members. Have the member list the hunt and hunt date as well. In this way hunting chat does not have to take mind the store so to speak and the a member could go in an review each guide or outfitter. Much as I do when I do a google search for and outfit or guide before I sign on for a trip.

Thanks, Steve