New from NY

Splitear

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I'm a new guy from upstate NY. I am originally from Southeastern IL, and this year will be my first year hunting the NE. Actually, I had my first outing in about 6 years last Sunday, got 4 squirrels and fried them up for my daughter (her first) on Monday. It felt good to get back out. I'm looking forward to getting back in the deer woods this fall. It seems like a good group of folks here, and I look forward to getting to know you all and learning a little bit!

Last edited:

802-603hunter

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Congrats on the squirrels and getting them in front of the kids at the dinner table. My 7 year old is a big fan of the squirrel hunt and subsequent dInner fare. Good luck this fall.

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
Welcome to the site Split ! Glad to hear you are back in the deer woods !
lots of great folks here Stop in often and post up your adventures !

NoDeerHere

Reaction score
Welcome to hunting chat. Yes, every year is a learning experience. I will be starting my 56th season and I still make mistakes.

Splitear

Reaction score
Correct, Rt. 29 splits the Northern and Southern Zone. Quite a bit of state land, and I'm fortunate to have a little access to some private ground as well.

My daughter was born in Glens Falls, I always like heading up north to the Adirondacks.

Sgt Mike

Reaction score
Welcome, I lived in Ill, hunted around Golconda, also lived in Rome. hunted Speculator. Lets us know how your hunts go.

Splitear

Reaction score
Cool. I went to undergrad in Carbondale, and hunted the forest a little bit. I also played in a country band in that area, but I don’t think we ever played in Golconda. Quite a bit in Anna-Jboro, Harrisburg and Elizabethtown.

My current band has/had a standing gig at Turning Stone before all of the pandemic stuff. Hopefully we can resume it soon.

Latest posts