New forum catagory "Food Plots"

In the woods

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone thought that there would be enough traffic to create a new category for "Food Plots" with tips and techniques. There seems to be quite the abundance of products on the market, but not a lot of what works and do-sent work in different demographic areas.

DLuke

World Record Non-Typical
Reaction score
If enough people come into this thread and say that they would be active in a Food Plot Forum, we could have a go of it. OK...who wants it?

bbruno

Reaction score
Sure. Love to see what people have to share. Personally not much I into planting food plots...but love to learn.

Snowball271

Reaction score
I know on the qdma forum it has a very active food plot forum. Of course deer management site more geared towards that than hc. But I learn a lot from that forum and would like to see it on here. Not sure how much activity it would get but I would participate and maybe it would encourage others to give it a try.

regana

Reaction score
Planning on putting my first two food plots in up in Maine this year. We got one cleared out this fall. I'd use the new category.

oneshott

Banned
Reaction score
I know the dunstan chestnut threads went 5 to 6 pages. So, I imagine it would have some action. Maybe broaden it to include trees/shrubs/bushes. Maybe "Habitat Improvement" would be a good heading. Then it would include yarding etc.

Last edited:

DLuke

World Record Non-Typical
Reaction score
That would sound good...."Food Plots and Habitat Improvement"....

In the woods

Reaction score
Well obviously I am in, I am just starting a plot for this spring and have been looking at a lot of info and it seems like I come away from the reading more confused by all the manufacturer/ Distributor sales pitch. It would be great to have a forum here where we can get direct info from people that have tried a few ideas.