My Wife-The Fisherwoman

Reaction score
I haven't posted on here for a long time. I've been the primary caregiver to my wife, Katherine , for the last 6 months as she fought a valiant fight with myelodisplastic syndrome(MDS) which morphed into leukemia. I had to move from the Catskills to Rochester to be near her and I've been here since late June or early July. She developed some other problems also so she was in and out of the hospital 3 times. I had to spend 3 months in one room at an Extended Stay America motel and haven't fished or hunted all year. My angel died yesterday, peacefully, in her sleep. I feel like I'm runnin' off at the mouth but I'm gonna do a lot more living this year. Thanks for listening-Catskill

Browseline

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this. I hope this year is much better for you. I'm sure she appreciated everything you did for her.

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
My heart , thoughts and prayers go out to you Catskill . Your angel was given her wings to fly up above to a better place.
Just like you were with her, comforting her , she is now flying over you watching out for you.

mowbizz

Reaction score
Condolences to you and family...sorry for your loss.

amclimber

Reaction score
So glad you were able to be there for your wife when she needed you most. I'm sure that made the difficulties easier for her to deal with. I hope you are able to return to the hunting and fishing you enjoy and that it can be healing for you.

Big D

Reaction score
Sad story. Condolences to you and your family. Better times ahead I'm sure.

NH Mountains

Reaction score
Condolences for your loss Catskill. It is good that you were there for her when she needed you and that she is no longer suffering. You can hold your head high that you did what you could for her right to the end. Hopefully 2019 is a better year for you.

Grandkid

Reaction score
So sorry for your loss. Your angle will be with you in spirit in the woods and on the water. My condolences to you and your loved ones.

Roger-