My first Remington

hammertime

Reaction score
I bought a Remington 760 in 243 Winchester. I got an okay deal on it because it was advertised as having a slightly pitted bore and front sight was bent. Neither of those problems affected my decision, because I immediately sent the barrel to be rebored to 338 federal. I had him chop it down to 18.5" also. Then I brought it to Langley custom cerakote in Benton, Me. I just need to refinish the wood now, or maybe get a laminated stock. Haven't decided on that yet. I also have dies, brass and lots of projectiles. Looking for a low power Leupold to mount on it. I may have time to get to LL Cotes this weekend. I'll try to get pictures on, but haven't had much luck in the past
KIMG0171.JPG KIMG0173.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

tobydog

Reaction score
I bought a Remington 760 in 243 Winchester. I got an okay deal on it because it was advertised as having a slightly pitted bore and front sight was bent. Neither of those problems affected my decision, because I immediately sent the barrel to be rebored to 338 federal. I had him chop it down to 18.5" also. Then I brought it to Langley custom cerakote in Benton, Me. I just need to refinish the wood now, or maybe get a laminated stock. Haven't decided on that yet. I also have dies, brass and lots of projectiles. Looking for a low power Leupold to mount on it. I may have time to get to LL Cotes this weekend. I'll try to get pictures on, but haven't had much luck in the past
try editing the pictures on your phone
if you have an android, select the little pencil after opening the pic in the gallery app
then hit the three little dots in the top left and select "resize"
drop it down to 40%
this will likely put it down to under a meg and it will upload fine.
pm me if you need help

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
View attachment 24859 View attachment 24860
Very nice! Keep us updated on the build.

hammertime

Reaction score
I hoping it's not too bad. It's just a 308 necked up to 338. Should have less recoil than a 30-06 with 180 grainers

hammertime

Reaction score
I never used it as a 243. It was in my hands long enough to do the transfer and was shipped to JES for a rebore. Just waiting on a scope now. It may be my moose gun this fall

hammertime

Reaction score
Picked up a vx freedom 2-7x33 yesterday. I'll probably put that on my ML, and take the vx3i 2.5-8x36 off of that and mount it on the 760. Just waiting on rings. Gonna load up some 180 grain woodleigh bullets. If all goes well it'll be my moose gun this October

Latest posts