My first deer in 20 years

frontierrots

Reaction score
so we are cutting him up tonight. poor dude, bad things in a young life.
First off he was apparently high back hit last year. It was all healed up but several spine fins were gone and it was fully scarred over.

Then he had been shot with what looks like a .22 somewhat recently but more than a week ago. steep angle from above like maybe road bank or deck or hill and from head on or steep quartering too. Went in through a rib bone and came out the same flank and made a fist sized hematoma (blood pocket) where the leg and flank join. The bullet wound in the hide had started to form a large flap of scar tissue around the area

Plus several would that are either stick punctures or other buck wounds mostly healed along his neck, front legs and shoulders

Then I shot and killed him

NH Hunter

Reaction score
First off he was apparently high back hit last year. It was all healed up but several spine fins were gone and it was fully scarred over.

Then he had been shot with what looks like a .22 somewhat recently but more than a week ago. steep angle from above like maybe road bank or deck or hill and from head on or steep quartering too. Went in through a rib bone and came out the same flank and made a fist sized hematoma (blood pocket) where the leg and flank join. The bullet wound in the hide had started to form a large flap of scar tissue around the area

Plus several would that are either stick punctures or other buck wounds mostly healed along his neck, front legs and shoulders

A friend and I have always joked about what a "buck cam" would look like if you could strap one to a buck and see what they are doing and go through on a day to day life cycle. They are without a doubt tough to say the least, and live an even tougher life.

mowbizz

Reaction score

I think you did him a FAVOR! Good going!
:elmer:

wooly

Reaction score
That's quite the dry spell to over come!
Way to stick with it and congrats on a very unique buck!

Latest posts