My father!

massthru

Reaction score
Jake, just saw this!!! Praying for a full recovery for your dad!! Keep us updated.

M Kelly

Reaction score
Wishing Mr. Bruce a speedy recovery, he's lucky to have you around Jake. Keep the Faith.

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'm here with him now, he is in the ICU, just finished 12 hr grafting survey needed tissue and skin grafts from his abdomen and his thigh, he will need 2 more skin graft surgeries then another for rods pins and plates. It is so hard to see the man who is superman to you look so pale and weak, his hands trembling from the pain and the medications, the hardest is I work in this field, I know what can happen... And it scares the shit out of me. I sat and held his torn apart blood soaked boot today and just tried to imagine what he went through, it was tough. But he is the toughest son of a bitch I know. He is in the right place and headed in the right direction. I have pictures I would share but to be honest, they are not appropriate, it is not a pretty sight. Thank u all so much for your prayers And thoughts, it may be a year before he walks. So take me off the 2014 P&P, my only goal is to carry my father into the woods and put animals in front of him!

Reaction score
Dad had surgery #6 last night, had 3 skin grafts from his thigh to his leg, that is the 4th skin graft to add to the 1 arterial graft anf 1 tissue flap graft. He will hopefully take well and be discharged for a week or so, then he has to go back to rods and pins and just found out he needs to have a few bone grafts from his hip to r leg...

DLuke

World Record Non-Typical
Reaction score
Good to hear he's plugging along...I can't imagine what he is going through.

Browseline

Reaction score
I'm glad he is doing ok. I am probably about the same age as your dad and hearing about what he is going through will make me much more cautious when cutting down what few trees I do each year. I wish him the best. He is lucky he has you there to try and keep his spirits up.