My father!

Reaction score
Please keep my father in your prayers, sunday afternoon he was felling a large maple, when he tried to clear out his chaps got caught on a sapling and he fell, the full grown maple landed on him crushing his right lower leg, full tib/fib/ankle fracture into too many pieces to count, crushing his popliteal artery in the process, the worst part was he was trapped for over an hour in 6 degree weather screaming for help. Thank god a neighbor heard him and was able to come to his aid, it is a miracle he did not go into shock, it is a miracle he did not bleed out, it is a miracle it is just his leg. He has had 1 our of 4 surgeries at this point, he is going to need a large skin graft and will be in the hospital for at least 3 weeks, at this point they are trying to control the pain and keep his foot from being amputated, the worst is being a nurse and knowing what the odds are, and the possible infections, and the dangers of being in a hospital so long.... so please... send up a good thought or 2 if you get the chance.

NH Mountains

Reaction score
Oh Jake that sucks but, as you pointed out it could have been worse. I think somebody was watching over him.

Turningleaf

Reaction score
Jake I man who deeply believes in prayer. I will be praying and want to know if I can have your permission to cut and paste your post onto our churches prayer list. There well be many people who can pray for him then. What's your dads first name?

hornz

Reaction score
I never like to hear this sort of thing.

I wish your dad a full recovery.

lab44

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about this Jake. Accidents happen way to easy in the woods. Hope your dad has a speedy recovery.

Browseline

Reaction score
Hoping all goes well and for a quick and complete recovery. Thank God for the alert neighbor.

kendo

Mr. Bubblers
Reaction score
sorry to hear jake, i will keep your dad in my prayers,, may he have a speedy recovery.

bbruno

Reaction score
Thoughts and prayers with your dad jake. The same day he was cutting trees, I was doing the same. Can be pretty dangerous thats for sure.

ajsoma

Reaction score
Oh no one Bruce.....that is horrible....I will be praying for u guys...stay as positive for him as you can