My boys Football Highlights

arlow

Reaction score
I figured I would follow Longbow's lead and show you guys my sons football tape. Granted he is a lot younger. He will be a freshman this fall and is in the mix for the starting job for varsity. He is more of a prostyle QB (pocket passer) and has been blessed with some good recievers to work with. He just turned 14 and is 6 foot and 150 lbs right now. Just getting into strength training as he was always having to cut weight in order to stay off the line because of youth weight limits. For example this year the limit was 135 lbs. If you were over that you had to play the line. He cut with diet and exercise from 145 in april down to 128 in mid august for weigh ins. So glad we do not have to play those stupid rules anymore.

This was last season as an 8th grader.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Great tape Arlow! Your son has a great arm. A lot of potential from what I see! My son would like to sit in the pocket but that’s not the coaches style, pretty much all running passes. We don’t have much blocking, our line only averaged 160 pounds last year. I hope we get to play football this year our governor is out of his mind with the regulations that he’s coming up with concerning the virus,we’ll see.

mowbizz

Reaction score
I figured I would follow Longbow's lead and show you guys my sons football tape. Granted he is a lot younger. He will be a freshman this fall and is in the mix for the starting job for varsity. He is more of a prostyle QB (pocket passer) and has been blessed with some good recievers to work with. He just turned 14 and is 6 foot and 150 lbs right now. Just getting into strength training as he was always having to cut weight in order to stay off the line because of youth weight limits. For example this year the limit was 135 lbs. If you were over that you had to play the line. He cut with diet and exercise from 145 in april down to 128 in mid august for weigh ins. So glad we do not have to play those stupid rules anymore.

This was last season as an 8th grader.

Your son looks great! He will mature and be even better!

arlow

Reaction score
Great tape Arlow! Your son has a great arm. A lot of potential from what I see! My son would like to sit in the pocket but that’s not the coaches style, pretty much all running passes. We don’t have much blocking, our line only averaged 160 pounds last year. I hope we get to play football this year our governor is out of his mind with the regulations that he’s coming up with concerning the virus,we’ll see.
Holy Toledo that is a small line! Our 8th graders averaged 195.

I am concerned about the fall as well. I think they will play. Whether we are allowed in the stands is another story.

Browseline

Reaction score
Hard to believe he is only an eighth grader. What an arm! Can't wait to see how he does in high school and college. Thanks for the video.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks Mow!

It stinks because in January we started lifting and now all the gyms are closed.

Just started back with qb clinics again last night.
We have a bench, squat rack and a few other things at home so we are able to do it there. You can do a lot with push-ups pull ups sit ups bodyweight stuff if you don’t have weights. How is his 40 yard dash ever have it timed? He ran it a lot in high school but they never gave him his time. I did iit the backyard and got 4.9 I’m not sure how accurate that is. Better than Brady’s though! LOL

arlow

Reaction score
We have a bench, squat rack and a few other things at home so we are able to do it there. You can do a lot with push-ups pull ups sit ups bodyweight stuff if you don’t have weights. How is his 40 yard dash ever have it timed? He ran it a lot in high school but they never gave him his time. I did iit the backyard and got 4.9 I’m not sure how accurate that is. Better than Brady’s though! LOL
He is doing pushups and sit ups and running 2 miles every day now.

He thought he was doing a lot and then I showed him a you tube video of hershel walker. HW did and still does thousands of sit ips and push ups a day. Flippin animal! That was an eyeopener for Jake.

His 40 was 5.5 last sept. Hormones are definitely starting to kick in and legs are getting stronger.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
He is doing pushups and sit ups and running 2 miles every day now.

He thought he was doing a lot and then I showed him a you tube video of hershel walker. HW did and still does thousands of sit ips and push ups a day. Flippin animal! That was an eyeopener for Jake.

His 40 was 5.5 last sept. Hormones are definitely starting to kick in and legs are getting stronger.
I hope you are working out and running with him also? ;) I used to be the big runner in the family, but I can't keep up with him anymore, especially sprinting. Long distance running it is closer. I was always into running and lifting so it's fun to do it together.

Walker is a genetic freak. We have watched his situps and push up videos also. I guess speed is important on paper, but only a small part of the equation for quarterbacks depending on what type of offense the particular school runs. Yeah, he's going to be getting a lot stronger and faster. Take it easy with weights anyway, 14 is borderline in my mind. Higher reps, and medium weight, and good form most important. Still growing with growth plates etc.

How tall are you? I'm wondering how the heck tall your son is going to be? 6'4" seems to be the " ideal" height for quarterbacks.

Last edited:

NH Mountains

Reaction score
He has a great arm and you can see he has been coached well. Congrats Arlow. Keep on him. I remember you posting videos of him several years ago. He’s grown up before our eyes.