My Baby Belle is Gone

benny8

Reaction score
After a period of failing health, I had to make one of the hardest choices of my life. I got her when she was 8 weeks. She was so tiny, but stole my heart when I first laid eyes on her. She weighed a little over 5 lbs. I trained her to be my family/duck dog. She was such a happy dog and eager to please and never wanted me out of her sight. I remember setting decoys with her leashed on shore and she would whine the whole time I was in the water. She was a small yellow lab weighing about 65 lbs. I affectionately called her UMA DOG because she was always up my ass. She had Lyme from the time she was 6 months old. She would retrieve geese and that was a show in the fields as they were almost as big as her. She would trip over the wings. I am certainly going to miss that little girl, but I feel good knowing she will not have to suffer.
Belle4.jpg
Belle3.jpg
Belle2.jpg
Belle1.jpg
belle.jpg

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, great hunting partner from the pic's. I raise beagle hounds and had to have my best female put down last year, and a second female a month ago, hard thing to do.

mowbizz

Reaction score
So sorry for the loss of your little girl...take solace in the good memories!

JDK

Reaction score
Very sorry. Hard day for sure.

benny8

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Been a rough weekend. She always woke me on the weekends with kisses, telling me it was time to go outside.