iccyman001

Reaction score
11_zpsef7b7262.jpg
IMAG0004_zpsf0e7633e.jpg
IMAG0005_zps460cd2f8.jpg
IMAG0942_zpsf1adbaa2.jpg
MFDC1404_zpsf23a00e3.jpg
MFDC0090_zps8296880c.jpg

I had been chasing this buck since I first caught him on my camera.
I was constantly moving my cameras around trying to catch him in different areas, glassing from ridges, and piecing it all together.

I was mostly catching him at night, but was slowly (and smartly) creeping towards his bedding area.

One day while out hunting I decided I wanted to still hunt/scout a new area because I just had a good feeling about it.
Sure enough I find GIANT trees torn up and I could tell by the tine imprints on other trees surrounding the rubs that this was the big boys area.

I took him from about a 3 mile area down to a 1/4 mile area I planned to hunt him in......

iccyman001

Reaction score
So last year on November 28th I helped my father in law set up christmas lights on their house and we finished around 11am.
I had planned on hunting that weekend (it was a friday). So I decided to get a head start.
I hooked up my trailer, packed my stuff and got on the road!

I got into Oklahoma around 445 in the afternoon so I had about a hour left of shooting light.
I disconnected my trailer, grabbed my bow and ran out to my honey hole, the spot I knew I had a chance at my big buck.

When I got to my spot I swapped my sd card and sat down in my blind to review it. I wanted to see if it was an active spot and good area to sit the next day.
Deer were moving on it a bunch I knew I wanted to hunt it the next day. I put my camera down, looked at my watch and saw I had about 30 minutes left of shooting light.

This is when it all happened.

I first noticed movement, then I noticed a rack, then I noticed it was a TALL rack... then I saw the curved brow tines.......
I almost puked because I knew it was my big buck....

MFDC0001_zpsd246ebf6.jpg
MFDC0003_zpsc29580bb.jpg
MFDC0004_zpsbfd7367a.jpg
MFDC0006_zps3c4c67ab.jpg

This is one of those stories that no one would believe unless I showed them the pictures.

I didn't want to mention my attire because I wanted to build up to it.
I had NO time to change because I wanted to get into the woods.

SO in jeans, a white t shirt, and cowboy boots, I killed the biggest buck of my life....

I watched him dropped and was shocked. I wasn't happy because I spines him so I sent another arrow down right away.
He died quick and then I just lost it......

It was an experience of a life time.

bbruno

Reaction score
So last year on November 28th I helped my father in law set up christmas lights on their house and we finished around 11am.
I had planned on hunting that weekend (it was a friday). So I decided to get a head start.
I hooked up my trailer, packed my stuff and got on the road!

I got into Oklahoma around 445 in the afternoon so I had about a hour left of shooting light.
I disconnected my trailer, grabbed my bow and ran out to my honey hole, the spot I knew I had a chance at my big buck.

When I got to my spot I swapped my sd card and sat down in my blind to review it. I wanted to see if it was an active spot and good area to sit the next day.
Deer were moving on it a bunch I knew I wanted to hunt it the next day. I put my camera down, looked at my watch and saw I had about 30 minutes left of shooting light.

This is when it all happened.

I first noticed movement, then I noticed a rack, then I noticed it was a TALL rack... then I saw the curved brow tines.......
I almost puked because I knew it was my big buck....

View attachment 14426
View attachment 14427
View attachment 14428
View attachment 14429

This is one of those stories that no one would believe unless I showed them the pictures.

I didn't want to mention my attire because I wanted to build up to it.
I had NO time to change because I wanted to get into the woods.

SO in jeans, a white t shirt, and cowboy boots, I killed the biggest buck of my life....

I watched him dropped and was shocked. I wasn't happy because I spines him so I sent another arrow down right away.
He died quick and then I just lost it......

It was an experience of a life time.
Love it...lol. What a cool hunt! Goes to show...when you are the right spot with the right cover, anything can happen!

802-603hunter

Reaction score
Very cool story and pictures. Maybe you could get sponsored by Hanes or Fruit of the Loom, heck maybe even Wrangler jeans!

bigbuck28

Reaction score
He failed to mention that he worked his ass off to find a perfect funnel. Steep draw with a clip...and a sweet blind;).

iccyman001

Reaction score
He failed to mention that he worked his ass off to find a perfect funnel. Steep draw with a clip...and a sweet blind;).
I can't take the credit for the blind! This man right here^^ built me an absolute palace of natural ground blinds.
I killed two bucks from it this year.

Tracker270

Reaction score
Thats awesome congrats a hunt of a life time for sure i live the game cam pictures thats awesome and i take it thats you in the back ground of the pictures. Thanks again for the story and picture.

bigbuck28

Reaction score
That place is a nightmare to bow hunt! I mean absolute hell hole! Its like hunting one big patch of never ending standing corn, they bed, feed and breed all while never leaving cover. Dan found this hell hole and took on the challenge bc everyone else said the hell with that place.
He invested hundreds of hours scouting and dealing with giant spiders and snakes.....
That is why he kills theses giants out their....

When someone tells you don't look down those 2x2" holes listen to them.. I still have nightmares...

shawn_in_MA

Reaction score
That place is a nightmare to bow hunt! I mean absolute hell hole! Its like hunting one big patch of never ending standing corn, they bed, feed and breed all while never leaving cover. Dan found this hell hole and took on the challenge bc everyone else said the hell with that place.
He invested hundreds of hours scouting and dealing with giant spiders and snakes.....
That is why he kills theses giants out their....

When someone tells you don't look down those 2x2" holes listen to them.. I still have nightmares...
I hate snakes and spiders...guess OK is out lol.