Muzzle Loader Doe

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
A friend and I went to a property to look for a doe or a big buck if one came by. Had 5 doe come trotting down the horse track. Got a chance to use my new CVA Mountain Rifle, Barnes TMZ 290 grain sabot and 100 grains of Blackhorn. Hit her at 50 yards and she went right down. Bullet went right thru. Going to bring her over to the butcher in the morning. The landowner wanted another deer. My freezer is pretty well full. My friend saw a bunch of deer also, but was waiting for a larger deer to come out, but it got too dark

. IMG_4356.jpg IMG_4357.jpg

Last edited:

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
LB Got a pic of that CVA Mountain Rifle?
In case you were wondering the rifle is really nice. Very light and handy. Tight groups at 100 yards. 100 grains of Blackthorn, I was able to load 6 bullets without cleaning when I sighted it in. I only shot one deer with the 290 grain Barnes TMZ's, but dropped her right in here tracks, on the track. lol Full penetration at 50 yards. Easy to clean, with breech plug that you just screw out with your fingers. I was going to buy one of those Woodman Arms, but for half the price I went with this. Plus, I just made a few clicks on the computer and CVA mailed in right to my house. They gave me a 30% off law enforcement discount also.
IMG_3104.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts