Muck Boots Cheap

longbow

Reaction score
Which is all that really matters?

I just remember a few years back when the bear baiting thing was big, everyone was bashing Muck for supporting HSUS or whatever it was.
I think I remember something about that, now that you bring it up. Kind of forgot about it. Yes, I may reconsider any future purchases based on that. Will have to do some research on it.

mowbizz

Reaction score
Which is all that really matters?

I just remember a few years back when the bear baiting thing was big, everyone was bashing Muck for supporting HSUS or whatever it was.
The name “muck” connotes a person “mucking a stall” or some such...stall = horses = women that ride horses (not all of course) = liberal wealthy women = animal “lovers” = antis?
Originally, the muck boot line was just a “mucking” boot. They have expanded into multiple lines to include sportsmen/women but they are probably still operated by liberals, thus the animal lover support.
I would consider NOT buying muck for this reason. However like KC said, fit and availability are good concerns. Besides I have WIDE size 14 feet...☹

Pine-lock

Reaction score
I remember clearly what Muck had issues with. Here’s the shortest version I can come up with.
Some employees were doing some type of charity event for a local animal shelter. They tagged HSUS in some social media posts even though they had no relation to the local shelter. It kind of took on life of its own after that. Muck issued some clarification and apologies a couple days later.

shawn_in_MA

Reaction score
I remember clearly what Muck had issues with. Here’s the shortest version I can come up with.
Some employees were doing some type of charity event for a local animal shelter. They tagged HSUS in some social media posts even though they had no relation to the local shelter. It kind of took on life of its own after that. Muck issued some clarification and apologies a couple days later.
That is how I remember it as well

WetWool

Reaction score
Outdoor Master, $40 on Amazon. Can't speak yet to longevity but feel like wearing slippers.

JDK

Reaction score
I believe Pink-lock and Shawn are correct. It was a donation to a local shelter in the name of an employee that died. That said it was a shitshow for a while and I’m not sure it was ever fully resolved. Seems that there was some marketing types doing spin control

I had forgotten about this and pissed at myself for buying a pair

NorthMaine

Reaction score
I couldn't recall the exact context of the issue, as I never really looked into it at the time, nor do I own or plan on purchasing any Muck boots in the future.

WetWool

Reaction score
Not available in my “Bigfoot” size...:(
Too bad, I think you'd like for $$$, way more comfy than my boggs. I bought 12's, take 10.5 - 11's, perfect size with a light wool sock on top of an athletic sock.

Escout711

Reaction score
I will never buy Muck again. A number of years ago I bought a pair of Muck Wetlands. They didn’t even last 2 months before having a big hole break open in the rubber where the foot flexes. I called Muck/Honeywell customer service and they told me too F’ing bad. I also had the exact same issue with a pair of Bogs. They sent me a brand new pair to replace them.

longbow

Reaction score
Wow, Muckboots are the best, I have five pairs now. Two of the pairs are for my son but I wear those also. My wife has had a pair for about 10 years now, her favorite boots. I certainly believe all the problems others have had with them, but I’ve had good luck so far.