Muck Boots Cheap

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score

I bought two pair earlier in the year for a lot more! Very warm. Good for ice fishing or sitting. Not the best for tracking or doing a lot of walking.

mowbizz

Reaction score
That is cheap! I just used some flex tape on my “every day” ones to hold the front and rear soles on...not the arctic pros though.
Been browsing for some replacements...thanks for the link!
I do have some Woody Elites that are strictly for hunting and they are in great shape after 3 seasons. Of course I don’t walk like I used to...

johnrr65

Reaction score
That is cheap! I just used some flex tape on my “every day” ones to hold the front and rear soles on...not the arctic pros though. Been browsing for some replacements...thanks for the link! I do have some Woody Elites that are strictly for hunting and they are in great shape after 3 seasons. Of course I don’t walk like I used to...
+1

VTHunter08

Reaction score
I remember 10 years ago or so when you could buy the muck wetlands for like $65 and they'd last a good 3-4 years. Now they're well over $100 and your LUCKY to get two years out of them

Reactions: JDK

JDK

Reaction score
I don't even want to tell you what I paid for a pair of Arctic Sports this past November.

mowbizz

Reaction score
I was going to pull the trigger on a pair then I zoomed the picture...seems like the soles are not sealed as they should be and will start separating. Thats what happened to my old ones.
LB let us know how you think the overall sole to boot fitment looks on yours. In the ebay picture they look like they will separate.

Gold Rush

Reaction score
That is cheap! I just used some flex tape on my “every day” ones to hold the front and rear soles on...not the arctic pros though.
Been browsing for some replacements...thanks for the link!
I do have some Woody Elites that are strictly for hunting and they are in great shape after 3 seasons. Of course I don’t walk like I used to...
I also just had to put some flex seal on my boots. So far, so good.

JDK

Reaction score
My Mucks separated after one season and completely fell apart this year (3rd season). I typically wear them from mid to late season deer through icefishing. This year the sole totally separated when I was about 20 yards from the truck the first time I used them. Fortunately I had a shoe lace and duct tape in the truck. Got me by but my foot was soaked

I bought another pair only because they were the least expensive boot I could find locally. And by least expensive I mean outrageously high

NH Mountains

Reaction score
I usually by a pair of back up boots each year. I purchased a pair of new Lacrosse boots last November. Never wore them until this November. The first day I hunted in them I was walking out of the woods and stepped in a small stream. Felt the cold rush of ice water on my right foot. I got back to camp and found where the upper separated from the sole about 1/2” long. I looked up when I bought them and was a week out of the LaCrosse one year warranty. They look absolutely perfect otherwise. I decided to grin and bare it. Lesson learned to check gear before warranties run out.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Had my Muck boots for 3 years now. No problems. Noticed a small hole in the neoprene and put some of that shoe gue on there and been good since.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
I was going to pull the trigger on a pair then I zoomed the picture...seems like the soles are not sealed as they should be and will start separating. Thats what happened to my old ones.
LB let us know how you think the overall sole to boot fitment looks on yours. In the ebay picture they look like they will separate.
I have two other pair that my son and I used this season. No problems so far. Mine look the same as the picture.

I know one thing. Always look where the boots are shipping from and the seller reputation. Dangerous buying from China, unless they are lures which I love. I buy 30 stick baits, like Rapala's, for 10 bucks.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
I switched from wearing rubber boots 5 years ago and haven't looked back. My feet were alway cold and sweaty. I tried every combination of sock, base sock, wicking sock... nothing worked. I like these so much over the last 5 season I ordered a pair on Black Friday for 149.00. I honestly have nothing negative to say about these boots. The come in 3 different weights. Uninsulated, 400 and 800 gram. I wear the 400.

shawn_in_MA

Reaction score
I switched from wearing rubber boots 5 years ago and haven't looked back. My feet were alway cold and sweaty. I tried every combination of sock, base sock, wicking sock... nothing worked. I like these so much over the last 5 season I ordered a pair on Black Friday for 149.00. I honestly have nothing negative to say about these boots. The come in 3 different weights. Uninsulated, 400 and 800 gram. I wear the 400.

I had the same model that was made by Meindl but Cabelas branded...nice boots but they leaked like a sieve!

VTHunter08

Reaction score
NH Hunter and Shawn, do you guys hunt much in the snow with them? How are they in the snow? Do you wear gaiters with them?

NH Hunter

Reaction score
I had the same model that was made by Meindl but Cabelas branded...nice boots but they leaked like a sieve!
I’m pretty good about putting a leather conditioner on them after the hunting season.

I do wear mine in the snow without gaters but I don’t tuck my pants into any boots. I’m actually wearing my old ones as my work boots now outside everyday.

I hunt every day I can on snow. We've had snow to hunt on last two years and I have zero complaints about them. I wore rubber boots for the better part of 20 years. I just got sick of cold feet. The only advantage I miss to a rubber boot is walking through a brook 16" deep. I find a better place to cross now.

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
I bought the muck arctics a couple years ago on eBay for a steal. Great for sitting and ice fishing, etc. For me they don’t fit well enough to walk all day. Compared to the lacrosse they don’t feel like they have the right support. I’ve tried a wool insole and bigger socks so I just may be between sizes.

That being said I bought a pair of cabelas boots about 5 years ago. 18 inch rubber boots. On sale for like $50 at the time. Pretty much wear them spring through fall for everything outdoors. They have held up great and wouldn’t hesitate to buy them again.

Last edited:
Reactions: JDK

NorthMaine

Reaction score
Only thing I bought into was that the boots were the warmest I could find in that style.
Which is all that really matters?

I just remember a few years back when the bear baiting thing was big, everyone was bashing Muck for supporting HSUS or whatever it was.

Latest posts