More tuna

jamiebuck

Reaction score
That sucks mike sorry to hear about this I know the feeling surgery to me was the only option still have some little of discomfort from time to time but it feels a hell of a lot better then before , friend of mind had lower back issues for years and finally had surgery and doing a lot better . Wishing you the best

jamiebuck

Reaction score
That sucks mike sorry to hear about this I know the feeling surgery to me was the only option still have some little of discomfort from time to time but it feels a hell of a lot better then before , friend of mind had lower back issues for years and finally had surgery and doing a lot better . Wishing you the best

JDK

Reaction score
Sorry to hear hornz. My mother went though that last Fall. Surgery was the only option.

hurricane

Reaction score
Hey Mike, on the bright side, at least it didn't happen during hunting season.:rolleyes:

Whichever way you go treatment-wise, get healthy and don't try to do too much too soon. (easy advise to give but....)

Don't hesitate to lemme know if there's anything you need a hand with.

Browseline

Reaction score
hornz;516830 I am out of commission for the time being. Hurt my back a week ago Monday (June 16). 3 herniated discs with nerve and muscle complications. [/QUOTE said:
Sorry to hear this Mike. I hope you can get through this and heal up without an operation.

rocky

Reaction score
Mike sorry to hear about your back problems. I had back problems most of my young life until 1984 when I had surgery I walked out of recovery and went home. In 2012 I was putting a lawn mower in my truck,and moved wrong. 6 months later another surgery. In and out the same day. I am pretty much pain free, and for a 75 year old guy that aint bad. Mike if it comes to surgery you will be glad you did it. Good Luck.

deerslyr1

Reaction score
Nice fish! ....sux about your back. Do you rod and reel fish later in the year when tuna settle in? I will start in few weeks (rec) ...

hornz

Reaction score
Nice fish! ....sux about your back. Do you rod and reel fish later in the year when tuna settle in? I will start in few weeks (rec) ...
No. I will be lobstering but I did catch one trolling last year.

Last edited:

hornz

Reaction score
How's your back doing Mike?
I am getting better but not as fast as I would like to. I am usually WFO this time of year but this has set me back. Every 3 or 4 days I feel like I improved some. I have had 2 appointments a day for the last week and a half. I just started driving to them a few days ago. Still don`t know whether I will need surgery or not, I am on the fence about this one but rocky says it worked for him. My back has less and less pain but my left leg is still painful. Just found out a few day ago I have muscle damage too along with pinched nerves. So............I dunno. Wish I was farther along then I am, Expanded Archery season starts in about 2 months. Thanks for your concern guys

Paul/NH

Reaction score
Crazy how those nerve roots can affect you. All during my back ordeal my back itself never hurt. I got sick of answering "hey - how does your back feel?" "Oh, it feels fine... its the burning stabbing pain from my belt line, through my ass and hamstring, straight down to my toes that sucks!!" The outside of my left calf went numb, as did the ball of my left foot. Felt like I was walking with a rock under my foot. Muscles from my hamstring down to my calf would spasm and cramp beyond belief. Muscles atrophied in less than 2 weeks... after surgery to release the nerve root from being trapped, I gained the feeling back in my foot and all my muscle tone back, but my calf still gets "tingly" and numb off and on and my hamstring and calf still cramp pretty easily. Damage to nerve takes a long time to heal, and is sometimes permanent to some extent.

Keep resting, getting PT, etc and weight your options Mike. We're all pulling for you!

kendo

Mr. Bubblers
Reaction score
Dam Paul that sounds freaken terrible !! There is nothing worst than a bad back freaken screws your whole body up. I get this back wing muscle pull from time to time and thk god it go,s away in a few days with just Advil n laying low, hope Hornz gets back to fishing n hunting and hope your feeling good as we'll Paul..

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Mike, I havnt' been on in a while. I hope things work out for you, and you get feeling better soon!!!! Do what I did tonight......find a buddy that makes some awesome apple wine moon shine!!! That'll tune you up!!!