Moose Zone L

jperr1

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone would have info (and willing to share) on moose locations in Zone L (Concord at the west down to Manchester and east to Dover). Lucky enough to draw a tag, but not from the area. Thanks

jperr1

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Nope. I'm from upstate NY (Saratoga) north of Albany at the base of the Adirondacks.

Muzzleloader

Reaction score
Consider a guide. That's not a very populated zone for moose.

jperr1

Reaction score
Thanks, again. Believe me, I understand. There are no guides in Zone L, I looked, and I contacted other guides from up north and they are not interested as they have hunters. I had a Maine tag a few years ago and had a guide and it was a great experience. I've contacted NH foresters, game wardens and loggers who have been of some help, but really need hunters who have spent time in the zone. There are a bunch of moose in the zone but getting some intel on where to focus is where I need direction. I'd be more than happy to share some moose backstraps if someone could provide some info. I've scouted a bunch and will be there again this week poking around but local info I think, will be critical. Thanks, again.

jperr1

Reaction score
I also bought hard copy topo maps and have the hunting apps. I've also studied Google earth like it was the bible.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
I wish I could help you but I’ve only hunted the Bow area between 3A and the river for zone L. Good luck to you !!!

mowbizz

Reaction score
I have seen moose in Bear Brook State Park. A few years back I was bird hunting and an giant bull came up the hill and passed me and my dog at 20 yds grunting with each stride.
This was some years ago…sounds like the area you have. You could check with Wildlife Taxidermy and Sports at the Auburn traffic circle.

jperr1

Reaction score
Thanks. I agree, Bear Brook is a good starting spot. I have been to Bear Brook scouting and that's where I've been focusing. I'll be there again this week. I'll check in with the taxidermist. We'll see. If you hear anything from your guys in the woods, let me know. Thanks for the good advice. I'll let you know how it goes. Opening day is 10/15.

Latest posts