Moose Lottery

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
Congrats NHH ! At least there is one HC member we can look forward to a moose hunt write up !

By the way . Wasn't there a couple moose steaks included in the Slider Sale ? :D

NH Hunter

Reaction score
I'm beyond excited. There were so many things I wish I had done different on my first hunt. More photos to start with. I also felt like I HAD to shoot one. I asked my best friends dad to be my sub and his son were my camera man. I wouldn't change that choice, but they were not into it as much as I was. This time I have a sub who lives here in town. We are all older and they tell me wiser........ He is very excited about going and we have another dozen guys from town or just outside of town that will be giving us intel as to what they are seeing while bow hunting and bear hunting.

The hillbilly moose militia has been formed for the most part already. Even if we had one on the ground Tuesday, it won't be hard to find strong bodies to come give us a hand in a moments notice. The entire summer will be scouting , but I'm pretty confident in the 4 cut off areas we'll be mostly paying attention to.

One particular area was where I spent most of the year deer hunting. I saw 11 moose that season with 7 being bulls. 2 seasons ago I spent in another area on the other end of town where I was seeing 4 very nice bulls ranging from 42-50 inches. I don't think we are over confident but being able to spend every free minute I have scouting close to home will certainly be helpful.

As usual the unknown is the weather. If it's warm, windy, leaves haven't changed , etc. those are uncontrollable circumstances that we'll have to deal with if or when they come. Either way I'm not going to be worked up over it. I'm really looking forward for the chance to spend 9 straight days moose hunting in my home town area.

Browseline

Reaction score
I'm beyond excited. There were so many things I wish I had done different on my first hunt. More photos to start with. I also felt like I HAD to shoot one. I asked my best friends dad to be my sub and his son were my camera man. I wouldn't change that choice, but they were not into it as much as I was. This time I have a sub who lives here in town. We are all older and they tell me wiser........ He is very excited about going and we have another dozen guys from town or just outside of town that will be giving us intel as to what they are seeing while bow hunting and bear hunting.

The hillbilly moose militia has been formed for the most part already. Even if we had one on the ground Tuesday, it won't be hard to find strong bodies to come give us a hand in a moments notice. The entire summer will be scouting , but I'm pretty confident in the 4 cut off areas we'll be mostly paying attention to.

One particular area was where I spent most of the year deer hunting. I saw 11 moose that season with 7 being bulls. 2 seasons ago I spent in another area on the other end of town where I was seeing 4 very nice bulls ranging from 42-50 inches. I don't think we are over confident but being able to spend every free minute I have scouting close to home will certainly be helpful.

As usual the unknown is the weather. If it's warm, windy, leaves haven't changed , etc. those are uncontrollable circumstances that we'll have to deal with if or when they come. Either way I'm not going to be worked up over it. I'm really looking forward for the chance to spend 9 straight days moose hunting in my home town area.
Glad to see you got a permit. Something very nice to look forward to. Good luck but I doubt you will need much.

802-603hunter

Reaction score
Congrats Shawn, super happy for you. I was scrolling through the winners looking for mine and they were sorted by first name. Saw your name in I1 and thought it looked familiar. Hope you share some of the journey with us along the way. Good luck!

NH Mountains

Reaction score
Congrats NHH. Hope you bag a big bull.

I kept my streak alive. No tag again this year. Next year I’ll have 17 points.

sneaky_pete000

Reaction score

I was just going to say that I wanted to hear what you'd do differently this time, but you already posted it.
Hows the baseball schedule shaping up? Is that going to burn up some of your weekends?

NH Hunter

Reaction score
I was just going to say that I wanted to hear what you'd do differently this time, but you already posted it.
Hows the baseball schedule shaping up? Is that going to burn up some of your weekends?
No kids baseball. There's only two men’s softball
Leagues playing in the state. Ours and Berlin. My son and nephew are playing with a bunch of “old dudes” like myself.

Last edited:

Latest posts