Monte Carlo Stock

Reaction score
Can you still use a peep sight on a 7600 with a Monte Carlo stock? Or is the shotgun stock better?

NH Hunter

Reaction score
IMO the shotgun stock is 1000% better and quicker. The Monte Carlo stock made it harder for me to get the front bead centered, and felt unnatural which defeats the purpose of a peep.

Shooter Buck

Reaction score
The low comb shotgun stock is much better but you can use a peep with the monte carlo. If you were using the peep as back up sights i wouldn't worry about it. If your primary set up was for a peep then definitely go with the low comb.

Reaction score
My father in law has a 7 or 8 year old 7600 carbine in his cabinet that he won in a raffle. I'm thinking of taking it to Maine this year, but it has the Monte Carlo stock. I already have scoped rifles, but none with a peep. I was thinking of throwing a peep on it and bringing it in case we get some heavy snow.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
My father in law has a 7 or 8 year old 7600 carbine in his cabinet that he won in a raffle. I'm thinking of taking it to Maine this year, but it has the Monte Carlo stock. I already have scoped rifles, but none with a peep. I was thinking of throwing a peep on it and bringing it in case we get some heavy snow.
Before you spend the 60.00 on a peep. Shoot it open sights first. I think it's more comfortable shooting them factory set up than using the peep on the high comb stock.

Pine-lock

Reaction score
A 20ga 870 stock will fit. There is a long bolt inside the stock and there are 2 different sizes. Worst case is you have to buy one of those if you end up needing the other size.