Mom

Fixed blade

Reaction score
My mother traveled the world and among other places has been to Mexico, Belize, Ireland, Portugal, and the Bahamas. Her favorite trip was to celebrate her retirement and was a 120 mile horseback trip through the Wyoming Rockies. When done, the outfitter said, “Jane, you are one tough old bird.” She took great pride in that statement

When I was young, we rented a camp on East Grand. Mom and Dad hired Lance Wheaton for the day and we split up. I fished with Mom that afternoon and she hooked a large togue. She lost the fish and Lance told her that she wasn’t the world’s worst fisherman but when he came along Lance was going to tell him about her.

At the age of 70 Mom took up golf. She filled out her scorecard before ever leaving the parking lot and said it took all the pressure off. Her best club was the foot wedge.

2021 was not kind to my parents. Both contracted COVID and Dad was in the hospital/rehab for over 50 days. During that time, mom fought 3 bouts of pneumonia and fell and broke her hip. She never complained

a fourth bout of pneumonia took her life on May 20th. I miss her voice, her Irish eyes, and being able to hug her. I hope that I did her proud as a son and will tell anyone who will listen.that she was one tough old bird
I haven’t been on here in a while and wanted to share my condolence. Knowing you and your son‘s only through this forum I would say your mother is very proud of her son and how he has raised his family.

802-603hunter

Reaction score
I would strongly concur with fixedblade. I somehow missed this post in the past but share his sentiment and would add that she sounded like an amazing woman who lived a full life.

AdventureNorth

Reaction score
My mother traveled the world and among other places has been to Mexico, Belize, Ireland, Portugal, and the Bahamas. Her favorite trip was to celebrate her retirement and was a 120 mile horseback trip through the Wyoming Rockies. When done, the outfitter said, “Jane, you are one tough old bird.” She took great pride in that statement

When I was young, we rented a camp on East Grand. Mom and Dad hired Lance Wheaton for the day and we split up. I fished with Mom that afternoon and she hooked a large togue. She lost the fish and Lance told her that she wasn’t the world’s worst fisherman but when he came along Lance was going to tell him about her.

At the age of 70 Mom took up golf. She filled out her scorecard before ever leaving the parking lot and said it took all the pressure off. Her best club was the foot wedge.

2021 was not kind to my parents. Both contracted COVID and Dad was in the hospital/rehab for over 50 days. During that time, mom fought 3 bouts of pneumonia and fell and broke her hip. She never complained

a fourth bout of pneumonia took her life on May 20th. I miss her voice, her Irish eyes, and being able to hug her. I hope that I did her proud as a son and will tell anyone who will listen.that she was one tough old bird
What wonderful memories to cherish JD❤! So sorry for your loss 🥺and Our condolences to you and your loved ones 🙏🏼

Reactions: JDK

Latest posts