Mom

JDK

Reaction score
My mother traveled the world and among other places has been to Mexico, Belize, Ireland, Portugal, and the Bahamas. Her favorite trip was to celebrate her retirement and was a 120 mile horseback trip through the Wyoming Rockies. When done, the outfitter said, “Jane, you are one tough old bird.” She took great pride in that statement

When I was young, we rented a camp on East Grand. Mom and Dad hired Lance Wheaton for the day and we split up. I fished with Mom that afternoon and she hooked a large togue. She lost the fish and Lance told her that she wasn’t the world’s worst fisherman but when he came along Lance was going to tell him about her.

At the age of 70 Mom took up golf. She filled out her scorecard before ever leaving the parking lot and said it took all the pressure off. Her best club was the foot wedge.

2021 was not kind to my parents. Both contracted COVID and Dad was in the hospital/rehab for over 50 days. During that time, mom fought 3 bouts of pneumonia and fell and broke her hip. She never complained

a fourth bout of pneumonia took her life on May 20th. I miss her voice, her Irish eyes, and being able to hug her. I hope that I did her proud as a son and will tell anyone who will listen.that she was one tough old bird

NH Hunter

Reaction score
So sorry for your loss Jay. Your mom sounds like a very interesting woman from just the few paragraphs you wrote. I’m sure you did her very proud as you were able to articulate how much you cared for her and how she approached the world with your post. I hope you and your family are able to turn sadness to laughter with memories over time.

groundtender

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss J. Your mother made the most of life. I am sure she inspired people even beyond her knowing. God rest her soul.

Reactions: JDK

Junebugg2.0

Reaction score
Sorry for you & your families loss. They call them the greatest generation for a reason. Tough beyond all measure.

Browseline

Reaction score
Sorry you lost your mom. Quite a woman, I'm sure. You and your family, without a doubt , made her very proud I'm sure.

arlow

Reaction score
Very sorry for your loss JDK. She sounds a lot like my Mom who I lost last june in a horseriding accident. She rode every day and was 72. Here is to tough old birds......

NH Mountains

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss Jay. She sounds like she lived a good life and set a great example for you and your family to follow.

Grandkid

Reaction score
Your mom sounded like a wonderful lady. Great memories of a wonderful life. My condolences to you and your family. Take good care of your dad.
Roger-

Latest posts