Midway reading

groundtender

Reaction score
FC2DCB1F-0848-4358-9A12-F80CA8CD469F.jpg It’s been about six months from 2018 deer hunting and about six to November 2019. I guess. I just re-read Larry Benoit’s book that he wrote back in the 70’s. His style of putting words together along with the subject matter makes the book very enjoyable. His best advice on tracking and killing a big buck is found in chapter seven which deals with being “on the track”: “ You must have only one thing in mind, and that’s bagging that trophy buck. Don’t be thinking about your wife and the milkman. Don’t worry if your car is going to start when you come out of the woods after tramping 20 miles. ......”. I love the milkman reference, you young guys may not remember milkmen and their notoriety. Also throughout the book he always refers to cars, never the 4WD beasts we require today. Never a mention of coyotes. Get a copy and read it, it’s better than the more recent books written about that family.

longbow

Reaction score
Great book! I have one first edition and two like the one you pictured.

Do you have "The Beginning, Where it All Began", by Benoit? Some unbelievable stories from his youth.

Grandkid

Reaction score
Is that a Remington pump Larry is holding on the cover?

Roger-

Meatseeker

Reaction score
Yes, Rem. 141 pump.
I was in a gun shop today and they had that very gun in great shape in 35 Remington for $550. It almost came home with me. But it wasn't drilled and tapped for peep sights and I can hit the broad side of a barn with ramp sights.

Grandkid

Reaction score
I am pulling out the books for hunting season prep now. Blood, Benoit, Green.......

$550....for that gun in great shape and that experienced isn't too bad I would think.

Roger-

Grandkid

Reaction score
I am pulling out the books for hunting season prep now. Blood, Benoit, Green.......

$550....for that gun in great shape and that experienced isn't too bad I would think.

Roger-