Makita chainsaw

lester2

Reaction score
So before deer season I bought a Makita 14” battery operated chainsaw to keep in my truck. All I can say is wow, this thing is the real deal. It came with four 5amp hour batteries and a dual charger. I’ve used it a bunch of times on back roads, camp and logging roads and around my property. I just got done limbing and bucking up a large fir that came down behind the house, all on one set of batteries. I was a little skeptical of how the batteries would hold a charge in the truck during really cold spells but it doesn’t seem to be an issue. Once we get some snow and open our clubs trails I’m pretty sure it’s gonna be in the groomer with me too. Price out the door was $390, worth every penny so far. And one more thing, I don’t have to listen to the wife say “honey, can you get your chainsaw out and cut this for me?”. It’s light and so easy to use she can do it herself!

802-603hunter

Reaction score
Thanks for the review, that saw is on my list if things to buy. I had to replace my impact driver and picked up a Makita so the batteries would all be compatible. My buddy has a Milwaukee version he got a few years ago and likes that one too. I think all the miles spent bouncing around my tool box in November are starting to take a toll on my Jonsered. Seems like I’m always have to tune it lately.

lester2

Reaction score
Thanks for the review, that saw is on my list if things to buy. I had to replace my impact driver and picked up a Makita so the batteries would all be compatible. My buddy has a Milwaukee version he got a few years ago and likes that one too. I think all the miles spent bouncing around my tool box in November are starting to take a toll on my Jonsered. Seems like I’m always have to tune it lately.
One of my hunting partners bought one too. He got his at one of the big box stores, same price I paid at the Chainsawyer in Wheelock.Yeah, I’m thinking a weed wacker and pole saw with the same batteries will be sweet.

lester2

Reaction score
And no gas spilling around or smelling things up. Thanks for the great report. I hope to have one by next Fall
You’re welcome. It does require bar oil but unlike my gas saws which leak oil pretty regularly this one hasn’t spilled a drop.

mowbizz

Reaction score
The era of the battery power tool for any task is surely with us...now if they could match the power of all my Stihl equipment, I’d be sold. Great for a truck saw though!
Indeed, batteries, however, are the future!

Muzzleloader

Reaction score
I was skeptical of this technology. So I got a brand new gas Makita Chainsaw a couple months ago. Makita is good.

Latest posts