maine if&w

skinner

Reaction score
need more comments from outdoors people on the Maine ifw survey on wildlife management. most want no killing, trapping, and no sensible game management

JDK

Reaction score
I opined during my lunch hour. Bunch of chicks and tree huggers for sure.

RememberBaker

Reaction score
I just went and read some of the comments. Who’s idea was it to set that up? Seems like the crowd that frequents Vermont Anti FB pages. They use all the same words and catch phrases.

JDK

Reaction score
I don’t know for sure but this current administration is a real winner.

JDK

Reaction score
That shitshow on IF&W's website is the EXACT reason why I call certain people on this site the enemy. Removing the ignorant tree huggers and dumbasses, it is the FUDDs that are the biggest enemy. If something doesn't meet their very narrow view of what is acceptable then no one should be doing it.

Meatseeker

Reaction score
Disheartening that this is happening in Maine. I can tell you that the professional wildlife biologist that work at Maine IF&W would prefer to use scientific information to make wildlife decisions and that they all view consumptive use as a legitimate and most effective method of wildlife management. It seems this is a thinly veiled attempt by the Maine Administration to force IF&W to place wildlife management decisions in the public arena. They can then justify their agenda with a bunch of comments from the public to alter regulations that take privileges away from law abiding sportsmen. Trapping is low hanging fruit. Out of all the consumptive outdoor sports it has the lowest participation rate which makes it easier to pick off. Not to mention that there is a large segment of the non-hunting public that can rationalize killing an animal to eat it but not to just use its hide.

Natural resource agencies are often forced to cater to public sentiment/comment. This is a double edge sword. My suggestion to all Maine hunters, trappers, and fishermen and their families is to get the word out about this forum and have as many people as possible comment in favor of trapping. Don't let the anti's have the last word!

Meatseeker

Reaction score
Actually.... its not all poppy-cock on that forum. There needs to be a lot more comments like this to drown out the voice of the anti's...

"Our state has a wonderful, intelligent group of wildlife biologists who dedicate their lives (not just 40 hours a week) to the conservation of the species and their habitats. All management protocols should be left to science, research and facts. Emotion should not play a role in how our wildlife populations are managed. No, biologist cannot be everywhere and see everything all the time so I believe it is important to get information from the people outside seeing what goes on. These people include (but is not limited to) hunters, trappers, fishermen, hikers, birders and outdoor/wildlife enthusiasts. I have full faith that the biologists take their research and the outside information seriously and use all gathered data to make the best informed decision for each individual species. I would fully support a bill that leaves decisions about wildlife management out of the polls and in the hands if the informed biologists, leaving them responsible for providing the research data behind their decisions. "

groundtender

Reaction score
That shitshow on IF&W's website is the EXACT reason why I call certain people on this site the enemy. Removing the ignorant tree huggers and dumbasses, it is the FUDDs that are the biggest enemy. If something doesn't meet their very narrow view of what is acceptable then no one should be doing it.
“FUDDs”...Not sure what that stands for, but sounds appropriate. I like it

JDK

Reaction score
Meatseeker’s comments are spot on. Already happened in fisheries management and is going to happen in wildlife. Trapping, bear with hounds, you name it

I can’t blame the current administration completely as it began when the last governor was a lame duck. That said the current administration is a bunch of women and they manage things via emotion rather than fact.