Maine Hunting Report

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
Is putting name and number on them required in the state of Maine now?
Maine changed the law a few years ago. Need written permission from landowner and they need to be labeled. I have never seen a labeled camera, only heard about these. Right or wrong I have not heard of people asking permission from the commercial land owners either.

Mdanforth

Reaction score
Maine changed the law a few years ago. Need written permission from landowner and they need to be labeled. I have never seen a labeled camera, only heard about these. Right or wrong I have not heard of people asking permission from the commercial land owners either.
I keep mine all on my wood lots but I don’t label them nor did I write myself permission....🤫

shawn_in_MA

Reaction score
10 of us were up at Camp from Nov 17-25. I saw 4 does the entire trip. A few of the guys saw similar numbers and a few saw ZERO. No shots fired, kinda discouraging and the conditions were not great. The last 3 days were spent on FROZEN CRUNCHY BARE GROUND

NorthMaine

Reaction score
I've actually reached out to a few people down here who have had their cameras, stands, blinds, etc. tagged. Someone to talk to, folks are usually pretty open to talk to a fellow hunter.

NorthMaine

Reaction score
It certainly didn’t help having two years back to back where by the third week most of the deer were in or close to yards. How much of an impact, hard to say. I think another impact which some may call me crazy, is the surge of everyone wanting to be a tracker. I don’t care if you are just a beginner, you put a thousand guys in that region on any given day behind buck tracks some guys are going to get lucky. In 15 minutes on the WWW you can determine what a decent buck looks like on snow. That’s the new target. Less guys sitting, tree stand hunting, watching cuts, more gps technology, etc. I think there are less big buck tracks in the woods at least up there.
I think there is certainly some truth to this. I saw a half joking post on FB the other day that someone said "everyone becomes a tracker with snow" haha. Kind of a double edge sword, gets more people in the area, and in the woods, good for businesses maybe, but as vast as the woods are up there, it can still seem to get pretty crowded in a hurry.

Latest posts