Maine Camp Rental Fees For Hunting Season and Snowmobiling

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
My camp is in Solon Maine .It actually is a 4 bedroom cape ( 2 bedrooms 1st floor , 2 bedrooms 2nd floor ) with fully applianced kitchen , fireplace , 2 full baths , pine floors downstairs except carpet in the 2 bedrooms , farmers porch in front and washer/dryer in basement . Sleeps 8 comfortably . Just getting an idea what camps charge people for hunting season and snowmobiling in the winter by the week .

I have mentioned this before to my buddy who owns the camp with me that we should rent the camp by the week during hunting season. We go up the 3rd week every year . The camp is empty the other 3 weeks. During the winter he might go up snowmobiling 2-3 weekends. And some years he goes up once. During the summer we hardly ever go up. And thats only to mow the lawn and check on the camp once every month or so. Once in a great while we would get a few people together and go white water rafting in the summer. We had as many as 20 staying at camp on one of those adventures. That was a riot with people sleeping everywhere LOL

If we were to rent it out , it would be by the week. I could care less if there was 2 , 4 , or 10 people as long as the camp was left clean and in order.
What is a fair or going price for something like this.

1112171137.jpg 1118171437.jpg 1118171436.jpg

Mountain Hunter

Reaction score
We stay not far from your camp, and it's $90 per night for a cabin that comfortably sleeps 6.

groundtender

Reaction score
Sounds and looks like a nice place. You have gotten along so far without renting it out. I’d ask top dollar with a big damage deposit. Just my 2 cents

JDK

Reaction score
Your camp looks exactly like my house. Same color and everything

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
Is that with meals? :)
I am just basing it off renting cabins and houses 4 seasons for a lot of years from rustic dumps, to houses, to nice lake front camps. I figure a place like that 125-150 a night. I’m not sure if I owned it, I would go any lower like to 100. It’s a really nice place, you are not chasing lice off the pillow or mice from under the bed, and doubtful you’ll have to worry about frozen pipes, etc. Complete privacy with owners not on site. 4 guys, 30 bucks a night per person. You can’t find much cheaper, especially in a rustic place like around Jackman with crusty sheets. I’m curious to what places that are close, charge like sunrise cabins in Bingham or Pine Grove. Smaller and older.

groundtender

Reaction score
I am just basing it off renting cabins and houses 4 seasons for a lot of years from rustic dumps, to houses, to nice lake front camps. I figure a place like that 125-150 a night. I’m not sure if I owned it, I would go any lower like to 100. It’s a really nice place, you are not chasing lice off the pillow or mice from under the bed, and doubtful you’ll have to worry about frozen pipes, etc. Complete privacy with owners not on site. 4 guys, 30 bucks a night per person. You can’t find much cheaper, especially in a rustic place like around Jackman with crusty sheets. I’m curious to what places that are close, charge like sunrise cabins in Bingham or Pine Grove. Smaller and older.
What he said, I agree

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Just a little humor. It looks like a great place and I’m sure it’s worth all of that!

Latest posts