magazine

270 bdl

Reaction score
I found a magazine for my rifle on ebay. The price was high, but they aren't being made right now. Anyways I have an extra one now.

JDK

Reaction score
I stopped at a local shop today at lunch and they had none.

270 bdl

Reaction score
It seems like everything with name remington on it is all bought up

JDK

Reaction score
I stopped at another local shop today. He had 2 used all steel magazines, a 30-06 (long action) class and a 308 (short action) class. You don't even want to know.

Long action $129.99
Short Action $139.99

Junebugg2.0

Reaction score
I have a 742 in 30-06 for sale with 2 mags...maybe I should just sell the two mags and throw the rifle in with them.

JDK

Reaction score
Might not be a bad idea

the first shop I went to had a 742 magazine for sale. $35.

NoDeerHere

Reaction score
I stopped at another local shop today. He had 2 used all steel magazines, a 30-06 (long action) class and a 308 (short action) class. You don't even want to know.

Long action $129.99
Short Action $139.99
That is crazy $ for a magazine. I was in Wally World today and they had two boxes of ammo one 28ga and one 16ga. I should have bought them just because? Could be a good investment? :rolleyes:

NH Hunter

Reaction score

Long action $129.99
Short Action $139.99

I'm sure the shop was paying a wholesale cost of 70.00 too...... NO!!! This is what I mean about not holding the gun shops accountable for their actions. They will whine, piss, moan and complain about "the liberal left" and how we all need to "stick together", but they won't miss an opportunity to put the fucks to the people who support the "mom and pop" shops when the time its right.

I can't say this for all of them. I have a local shop up the road from me that has just started out. He had 223 ammo, 20 gauge slugs and some pistol ammo. He's selling the 9mm for 35.00 because the manufacturers are fucking him and us, BUT the 20 gauge slugs were still 14.99 for Federal trophy copper. That's what I paid pre "ammo shortage". In May I was paying 20.00 per box for 9mm. Now it's 35.00 for 9mm ball ammo. That's outrageous and ridiculous.

I'm a huge fan of capitalism, but not a fan of the insincerity of the gun makers, ammo makers, and the distributors right now. Without ammo for our firearms, or the ability to afford it, it won't matter what Sleepy Joe or Kamel Toe put in affect for laws. They'll just be removing paper weights if this keeps up.

Ok, that's the end of my rant. The shop I mentioned also has .223 . He was selling it for 13.00 per box for Wolf FMJ. From my understanding 223 can't be found any where. If he wanted to be a POS he could be gouging the hell out of his customers. I'll be spending as much of my money there as possible going forward.

He's also selling Glock 43X for $499.00. He is one of the few shops I've seen that had any when I was looking for mine.

Last edited:

JDK

Reaction score
7 million new gun owners in 2020. They aren't buying one box of ammo and using it for 15 years deer hunting.

Anti-gun legislation in multiple states.

Anti-gun president elect

Possible anti-gun Senate/Congress

Import restrictions on countries that used to provide a lot of primers

Remington bankruptcy

Disruption of supply chain. That not only included components but also packing materials.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
7 million new gun owners in 2020. They aren't buying one box of ammo and using it for 15 years deer hunting.

Anti-gun legislation in multiple states.

Anti-gun president elect

Possible anti-gun Senate/Congress

Import restrictions on countries that used to provide a lot of primers

Remington bankruptcy

Disruption of supply chain. That not only included components but also packing materials.

I get it, but the "ammo shortage" started in May. Still isn't right to charge $140.00 for a magazine that was purchased whole sale for under $20.00. The shops doing that are as corrupt as the individuals you listed above.

JDK

Reaction score
I was wondering where my response was. That was supposed to be in the ammo shortage thread

Latest posts