Magazine springs

lester2

Reaction score
Last year I shot a bear, 3 shots, and two coyote together, 4 shots. In both instances after cycling the action all I got was a “click” on an empty action and had to cycle again. At the time I thought I’d just “short stroked” it but today I found the culprit. I put a new Redfield 2x7 on over the winter so today I sighted it in. Again, a couple times when cycling the action it wouldn’t pick up a round. So when I finished I went to the garage and started with the mag and low and behold when I popped the follower off the spring came out in 2 pieces. I’ve got 3 others so I took them out and one of them also had a broken spring. Unfortunately no one has them in stock. I checked a few sites and hit the “notify me” button. Any suggestions on where to find a couple??

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
Have you tried Remington themselves? I’ve called them on 3 occasions for parts and believe it or not they have had them right on hand and sent them to me at no charge at all. Nicest people in customer service I have ever spoken to.

Last edited by a moderator:

lester2

Reaction score
Tanks KC, hadn’t even thought to do that. I’ll give ‘em a call Monday morning!

lester2

Reaction score
Thanks again KC, $5 apiece from Remington, should have them in a couple of weeks.

lester2

Reaction score
Me too KC. They actually arrived Friday, installed them in a few minutes and we are back in business.

Latest posts