Lull?

mowbizz

Reaction score
Anyone experiencing a “slow down” on deer movement in NH? My cams have gone dry except for a little, persistent 4 point that has eluded me and my BAR. :p Almost seems like a weak rut this year (in my little world anyway).

Fish4life

Reaction score
Same thing for me on the cameras. I did catch a buck and doe on camera 11/16 then saw them together 11/19. Got a separate camera pic of the buck headed out of Dodge alone Saturday morning and watched the doe leaving her bedding area alone last night. I think we’re in the breeding/lockdown time period.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
My cameras have gone quiet this week, but prior to that things were crazy i thought. Most of my camera didn’t make it out until the Tuesday before ML season as they were all being used to scout for moose. I have some incredible bucks on camera this year. My friends have been reporting the same. I talked to two brothers on Thursday and they said that was the magic day in their areas. Every camera (8) had a big buck moving during the day on them. I thought the rut was pretty active given the heat during the week of ML season and guys were shooting deer. I’ve heard from different butchers they e already passed the number of deer dramatically from last season. It’s impressive what a couple of low snow fall winters can do.

Latest posts