Lucky Friday the 13th

kevin in nh

Reaction score
The season has been different with the warm weather but the rut was on, then calmed down. I only hunted the snowmobile stand one other time this season but swapped sd cards on veterans day after hunting the Farm stand. The landowners son has been hunting it in the afternoons before 2020 8 pt rear.jpg DST so I left it be until it had a few days to "cool"
I got his guy on the cam making a scrape and rubbing his preorbitals twice in ten minutes on the 10th. I have killed a few from this stand so its a good spot. Full story in Hunting logs in a few
w 2020 8  Front.jpg

NHbucktrack19

Reaction score
Man that things awesome. Looks a. Awful lot like the buck I’ve been chasing on public land in southern nh. That a smooth bore or rifled barrel?

kevin in nh

Reaction score
Man that things awesome. Looks a. Awful lot like the buck I’ve been chasing on public land in southern nh. That a smooth bore or rifled barrel?
Remington 870 18 inch cantalever fully rifled barrel. I have dropped deer at over a hundred yards with the gun.....as long as I do my job!

NHbucktrack19

Reaction score
What scope do you have on that? I have been looking toward a new deer gun that makes a youth sized and I know 870 have youth stocks. Also in snh it’s mostly shotgun only I’m using a smooth bore mossberg 590 with peep sights but seeing you getting it done with that setup had me thinking

kevin in nh

Reaction score
What scope do you have on that? I have been looking toward a new deer gun that makes a youth sized and I know 870 have youth stocks. Also in snh it’s mostly shotgun only I’m using a smooth bore mossberg 590 with peep sights but seeing you getting it done with that setup had me thinking
3x9-40 Leupold. I keep it on 3 power and if its distant plenty of time to dial it up. I am going to look at a shorter stock as with heavy clothes on its tough to get it on target. Good luck!

Latest posts