Lotw 2011

bassface

Reaction score
Leaving Thursday for the annual fishing trip. Heading back to Lake of the Woods again this year. It's musky or bust this year I think. I will post some pics and hopefully some video when I get back. I think I will start this years log back up with this trip when I get back too.

bassface

Reaction score
We have a group of 8 and we rent a 58' houseboat out of Kenora, ON. We tow the fishing boats behind the main boat. Once we get to a place to park we beach the front end of the houseboat and tie it off and use it as our base camp. So far it has worked out really well. We used to go on fly-in trips to Quebec and we liked the seclusion of being the only cabin on the lake. With the houseboat we can get somewhat of the same effect by parking away from the "crowds". We see other boats out there but if you fish South of where we like to park it is not uncommon to see only a couple per day.

JDK

Reaction score
Sounds like a great trip. Looking forward to a report.

Hunter Dan

Reaction score
I must say as a guy who for the first time in years doesn't have any walleye fillets in his freezer (and it's FREAKING JULY ALREADY!) I'm jealous and will be waiting with baited breath on your return and some GREAT PICS!!!!!!

bassface

Reaction score
Got back from the fishing trip on Sunday. It was one that I will not soon forget. I am going to post as much as I can chronologically to my Log in the coming days as pictures get sent to me. I was driving the boat every day so I relied on my boat partners to take most of the pics. I did get a few on my camera and I will give a little tease here in a sec. I will try and post some video too but that will probably come to me later as my friend who makes our trip video has my memory card.

We ended up with pretty good weather the entire trip. We caught 1138 fish for the week between 8 guys. I caught the most, but my friend caught more big walleye. My biggest walleye was 28", the biggest for the trip was 30" and we had a 29" and a couple 27" too. I caught 3 musky total and there were 4 caught total. I will save the stories for the Log.

Please feel free to leave comments and questions here as I post to the Log

Here is the medium sized Musky, 41.5" on a black w/silver blade Mepps Musky Killer bucktail. Stay tuned...

IMG_2553.jpg

bassface

Reaction score
Started a new fishing log in the Log's section. Comments and questions here. More to come later this week.

Thanks for the comments guys!

Latest posts