Lost my girl today.

Steve/NH

Reaction score
Rough deal. Sorry. It's hard when they go. Casie was my 1st black lab who lived 12 years.
I now have two...one Chocolate (Remi) who is 9 and the other (Sampson) is 8. As hard as it is when they die, I will never not have one.

Turningleaf

Reaction score
So hard when you loose these amazing dogs..sorry for your loss and the emptiness the house feels in their absence. Having lost two dogs within a year it's never easy and they always will be missed.

mowbizz

Reaction score
I dread this time with my springer.... Very sorry for the loss of your best friend.

Steve J

Reaction score
I am going thru same process now my dogs kidney's are failing he has rebounded some but its just a matter of time and it absolutely sucks. A dog loves you unconditionally. Everyone in the house can be pissed at you but the dog always loves you they are as has been said above family!

tobydog

Reaction score
Rough deal. Sorry. It's hard when they go. Casie was my 1st black lab who lived 12 years.
I now have two...one Chocolate (Remi) who is 9 and the other (Sampson) is 8. As hard as it is when they die, I will never not have one.
Same here. I have two openings for Labs in my house. Plan on keeping it that way.

Fixed blade

Reaction score
Sorry for your lose. This has been one of the toughest threads to read. Lost my lab 6 years ago and my malamute in January. It sucks! My lab had a tumor in her lungs and my malamute passed from old age at 14.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Gwlambo

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. My pup ( a beagle) growing up was my best friend. I hated losing her. I have 2 yellows now, but one is not well. She is on meds that will limit her to a couple more years (she is only 6). I feel for you - but enjoy all the damn memories that will make you laugh and smile for years to come.

kendo

Mr. Bubblers
Reaction score
Sorry about your pal, it's so hard to let go, it all but killed me to put my choc lab ruby down, I had to get another lab , she just turned 6, there's nothing more loyal than a good dog!, take care bud!

OutdoorFanatic

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss MDAB. A lot of us here know exactly what your going through.
I lost one of my dogs (sisters) a couple of years ago to a speeding motorist who never even stopped.
I cried off and on for a year and still shed a tear every now and then.

It truly is the same as losing a family member.
In a while think about getting another dog. She will always be on your mind but its better to share your thoughts with another dog.

Besides, theres another one needing a good home out there.