Lost gear at Templeton developmental center.

Bowhuntermatt

Reaction score
Hunted 10/22 Sat eve. 2-6. Lost a bunch of gear when tail gate popped when I was leaving. Black Shapelle deer sled with a bunch of gear in it. I didn't realize until this morning. Heard a loud bang pulling out of a corn field around 7ish. Thought it was the lip of the road. Over 600-700 worth of gear. The sled, 3 treestand harnesses, cheap pack for hanging stands, climbing belts with carabiners, Mathews black quiver loaded Maxima Red arrows broadheads lighted nocks, Woodman's pal machete, couple of duffle bags, many bungies, screw in steps, tie downs ect... Anything heard would be a huge help. Templeton Police said they would call if anyone turns gear in. I checked at the Developmental center and nothing yet same with Police Dept. Only 4 hour of day light for some to have scooped up my gear. I was hoping it would be there but no such luck. I was going to hang another stand today. Bumming out. Thanks again.

Bowhuntermatt

Reaction score
Yes. Massachusetts. Thanks. A lot of gear to replace. Nobody's fault but mine. Just figured I should put it out there in the hunting community. Maybe someone feels guilty who found my stuff that reads these posts or knows something. Thanks again

Bowhuntermatt

Reaction score
Thanks, me too. I need to buy some things to even hang a stand. I swear I will always double check and lock my tailgate. So dumb.

shawn_in_MA

Staff member
Reaction score
Any luck locating your gear? I live right down the road and travel through there at least 2x per day. Any chance you drive the white GMC/Chevy that I have seen in there a lot.

Bowhuntermatt

Reaction score
No, thanks for asking. I drive a charcoal ram 1500. No luck. I check with the police again just in case. Saw some bucks with three does tonight. Lookin kinda rutty.

Bowhuntermatt

Reaction score
The white gmc is an older gentleman. Nice guy. Hunts around there with a crossbow. He's in his seventies. Has one of those electric bikes.

Latest posts