Lost a dog for Christmas :(

frontierrots

Reaction score
23rd we had to send Aeryn on her way. She was diagnosed with lung cancer and we sent her off before it started causing her serious discomfort. It was about the size of 2 racquet balls side by side in her left lung

https://vimeo.com/107871364

aerynface102311.jpg

That is two dogs in 6 months.. We lost her older sister Annie in May from intestinal lymphoma

Merry Christmas to me

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your loss of Aeryn and her sister Annie :(

Any time you lose one its hard. But it makes it even harder on a day like today.

Something wrong with the genetics of either the mother or father of those two being passed down.

frontierrots

Reaction score
no they are Rottweilers. The breed itself has a high cancer rate. Typically my line lives pretty long. Their dad was almost 15 before histiosarcoma got him. His Mom was almost 12.

Average lifespan for the breed is 7-10. Mine typically live 10 or more

That said Aeryn's litter (the L's which were 2 years younger than Annie) their mom was diagnosed with bone cancer while pregnant. She died when the pups were 2 weeks old so the whole litter was exposed to that before even born. They will be 8 in Feb

Turningleaf

Reaction score
I lost two of mine In the last several years....never gets easier having to out them down. Sorry for your loss.

arlow

Reaction score
So sorry Dianne. Tough time of year to lose your dog. Saturday marked a year since we lost out lab. Cancer sucks!

mdab27

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Diane. We just went through that around Thanksgiving. It always is super tough, regardless of how they go. Just really sucks to see them taken before their time should be up.