Looking to book cabin

Gfedor

Reaction score
Hi guys, looking to book cabin either near moose river, moorehead lake area or up by patten.

Anyone have any contacts? Only 2 of us on this trip

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
Im sure KC gave you great advice even though I dont know them,
But there is always Maynards Camps also . They are on the Moose River just off the Northern Rd
in between Brassua and Moosehead Lake. It was many years ago that I stayed there.
The food and the people were great. They have 6-8 cabins plus the main lodge. Nice family operation
Bill Maynard is a member here but hasn't posted anything in a long time

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
Im sure KC gave you great advice even though I dont know them,
But there is always Maynards Camps also . They are on the Moose River just off the Northern Rd
in between Brassua and Moosehead Lake. It was many years ago that I stayed there.
The food and the people were great. They have 6-8 cabins plus the main lodge. Nice family operation
Bill Maynard is a member here but hasn't posted anything in a long time
Bill is a great guy and his place is literally directly across the river from Gray Ghost Camps.

There are are some good options up that way if he needs other suggestions.

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
Bill is a great guy and his place is literally directly across the river from Gray Ghost Camps.

There are are some good options up that way if he needs other suggestions.
Gray Ghost Camps was known as a top notch place to stay even in the late 80's when we stayed up in Rockwood.

Looking at the google map now after so many years later, I see that the area has not escaped development.
One of my favorite hunting spots, the eastern side of Brassua Lake, has been developed into waterfront lots.
The old fire road leading down to the huge peninsula on the eastern side is now an access road called Sunset Loop.
The only thing on the shore of Brassua at the time was a couple of camps the paper company would lease out.
Now that peninsula is all year round waterfront homes.

If I ever find the time to write it, I have a great story about one of my hunts in that area. It involved a buck and doe, me tracking them on bare ground,
Bill Maynard , a game warden , a father and son staying at their camp on Brassua Lake just south of the big peninsula, and of course the 4 guys in my hunting party.
Its one of those hunts that will forever stay in my memory banks. That story is still told by the guys I hunt with. This happened in 1983 and we still burst out laughing about it at camp. Although the buck is in the story , it was never shot or even shot at for that matter. But the buck is what caused the whole story to happen.
Someday I will write it.

Last edited:

Gfedor

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'll be at gray ghost for 3rd week. Have some spots from years ago I'll try to hit up, hopefully they produce.
Safe season to all