Look out squirrels!

RememberBaker

Reaction score
I’ve wanted a small caliber muzzleloader to hunt small game with for quite awhile and I’ve finally got one. I picked up a NIB .32 T/C Cherokee barrel from one of the FB muzzleloader groups and then after some searching found a stock with all the hardware to put it in. Somehow in the process I also wound up with another Cherokee in .45. I’m not even sure how many muzzleloaders I have anymore but it must be close to ten. I think I‘ve got everything I need to hit the range, I’m going to be off between Christmas and New Years so I hope to sight it in and maybe do a little squirrel or rabbit hunting with it.
.45 and .32 T/C Cherokees
4AC1A8AC-E024-413B-AE7F-8B7D10EE2D21.jpeg

9CDC0E73-CE62-423E-8A5C-2C2A0BA92CCF.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Wandling

Reaction score
I’ve been looking for one of those for a few years now. You are lucky. Every one I’ve found is way out of my price range.

Fixed blade

Reaction score
RB where are you buying you supplies for these loaders? I just purchased a t/c white mountain carbine and may need to stock up on some items. I'll post picks a after I pick it up after the holidays. Pretty excited. This was the muzzy I dreamed about owning as a kid growing up. My father used to have the t/c .56 cal smooth bore and make his own projectiles. He was really into it. The gun was deadly out to 50 yards but after that it wondered.

outdoorsman

Reaction score
Sweet guns! Hitting a squirrel with one shows a true marksman.

Fixed Blade,

I have a White Mountain and learned from trial and error to only use FFG Black Powder. I found substitute powders have nearly zero accuracy with a White Mountain.

Pouring a projectile and shooting a deer with one is rewarding. For that I use a T/C Maxi-Hunter mold and roof flashing for a nearly pure lead source.

RememberBaker

Reaction score
The Goex powder and percussion caps I ordered from Graf & Sons but there’s a $20 HazMat charge so you’re better off to get it locally if you can. I ordered 5 lbs of powder and 1K caps so the $20 wasn’t too big a deal. I ordered most of the other stuff from Track of the Wolf, .32 stuff is a little harder to find than .45 or .50.
I bought a White Mountain Carbine when they first came out but I hated the trigger, it had so much creep in it that I had to start pulling it and hope a deer showed up when it went off! I had a couple gunsmiths work on it and they made it smoother but didn’t get rid of the creep. I might’ve just gotten a bad trigger and I should’ve sent it back to T/C to find out, but instead I sent it down the road and moved on. The sights are also very coarse and I didn’t care for them. If it’d had a better trigger I’d probably still have it, it’s a nice design.

RememberBaker

Reaction score
I’ve been looking for one of those for a few years now. You are lucky. Every one I’ve found is way out of my price range.
Mine too for the most part. I got the new .32 barrel and a very nice used stock for under $400 total. Not a killer deal but less than most of them that I’ve seen and I’m happy to have it for that.

Fixed blade

Reaction score
The Goex powder and percussion caps I ordered from Graf & Sons but there’s a $20 HazMat charge so you’re better off to get it locally if you can. I ordered 5 lbs of powder and 1K caps so the $20 wasn’t too big a deal. I ordered most of the other stuff from Track of the Wolf, .32 stuff is a little harder to find than .45 or .50.
I bought a White Mountain Carbine when they first came out but I hated the trigger, it had so much creep in it that I had to start pulling it and hope a deer showed up when it went off! I had a couple gunsmiths work on it and they made it smoother but didn’t get rid of the creep. I might’ve just gotten a bad trigger and I should’ve sent it back to T/C to find out, but instead I sent it down the road and moved on. The sights are also very coarse and I didn’t care for them. If it’d had a better trigger I’d probably still have it, it’s a nice design.
Thanks for the info. The sight on this a peep with a new front so I think it should be fine. I think it will be fun to fart around with and try to kill a doe during our muzzy. Thanks for info.