Loaded Oaks

NH Hunter

Reaction score
We just moved to a new home so I was just admiring the yard and layout when I noticed that a few of the oaks in the yard are loaded with acorns. That got me looking every where I've been all weekend and it seems here in central NH we are going to have a serious Red Acorn crop. You guys seeing the same?

longbow

Reaction score
We just moved to a new home so I was just admiring the yard and layout when I noticed that a few of the oaks in the yard are loaded with acorns. That got me looking every where I've been all weekend and it seems here in central NH we are going to have a serious Red Acorn crop. You guys seeing the same?
Congrats on the new house! Did you move far? More property? Most important, can you piss off the rear deck with no neighbors to see?;)

Guys are saying trees are loaded here, I'll have to take a look today.

Last edited:

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Congrats on the new house! Did you move far? More property? Most important, can you piss off the rear deck with no neighbors to see?;)

Guys are saying trees are loaded here, I'll have to take a look today.
Other side of town. Yes I can piss all over the yard and nobody can see me. Ragged mountain is literally out my door. I have plenty of familiar woods to roam.

xp600

Reaction score
My kids and I ski at Ragged. We'll have to stop in and say hello sometime. Congrats.

mowbizz

Reaction score
Congrats on the move! Do you rent or own?
Ragged is just a couple of hills as the crow flies from me. I haven’t been out in my woods yet except to survey the snow damage to my ground blind after the snows left. My back hill is mostly beech with a few oaks mixed in. I’ll have to put on my skeeter net and go look for nuts.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Congrats on the move! Do you rent or own?
Ragged is just a couple of hills as the crow flies from me. I haven’t been out in my woods yet except to survey the snow damage to my ground blind after the snows left. My back hill is mostly beech with a few oaks mixed in. I’ll have to put on my skeeter net and go look for nuts.
We rent.

Igloo

Reaction score
Other side of town. Yes I can piss all over the yard and nobody can see me. Ragged mountain is literally out my door. I have plenty of familiar woods to roam.
You're pretty close to my Groton/Bristol hunting grounds.

Grandkid

Reaction score
Yes tons of acorns on the seacoast. Red oaks for sure. They are shedding right now also.

Roger-