LIVE from Kansas 2012!!

bbruno

Reaction score
man what a fun night. about an hour after that buck knocked my decoy over the deer started to show up. does and lambs started to show. bingo just what I was hoping. coming right from the direction I hoped they would. eventually 9 does/lambs would end up in front of me.

well guess who came back...

Last edited:

bbruno

Reaction score
this is when it gets crazy. another buck shows up. smaller body. bigger rack.

he comes up to the decoy. not nearly as aggressive but still gives the decoy the horns
down it goes again. crazy to have that happen twice in one night.

great night on stand. found the food source and the doe groups I was looking for. now just need the local shoppers. today the rut is really starting to show signs of heating up. these next few days should be awesome

bbruno

Reaction score
guess video link did not work. will post it again.
day 6 morning
back in funnel set again. hate to abandon this set as the mega giant I saw few days ago never seems to stray far from this property. yesterday was first real sign to say that its happening. almost hit buck last night. so deer are really starting to move. its all about being in the right spot in the right area. Dallas has seen very little out of his sets on the other side of the property.

bbruno

Reaction score
sometimes I feel like am hunting october the way these small bucks are hounding the does. just see small buck chase doe she looked like she wanted nothing to do with it. Dallas saw doe come through two small bucks raced over to check her.

bbruno

Reaction score
day 6 evening
its 66 degrees!! bit to hot. but deer movement during daylight midday is picking up. seeing more deer on feet midday. still not a ton of activity in morning past 8:30.

setup in same stand as last night. steady sse wind. had to bring hammer with me to nail in tent spikes to decoys feet. bucks broke tab last night when they plowed it.

got off stand this morning, pulled cams. Mr. booner showed again! so my buddy is hunting in that area tonight. If I get a chance I will post a picture of him.

so I am going to kick back put some suntan lotion on and get some sun!

bbruno

Reaction score
wow. slow night. see one small buck come in check ground scrape and leave. then thought I saw doe across field. it could have been him. just about quitting time....

bbruno

Reaction score
day 7 morning
back at it again. sitting same tree where I hunted opening morning. everyone is just not seeing much. everyone thinks next week going to be different. that's a hunter ever the eternal optimist. I believe its on right now. its November 9 today. on this piece of ground we are just not seeing the deer. mainly the doe groups.

we did find dead doe beside a watering hole. just wondering how many deer die this year from ehd/ blue tongue. I am not sure.

bbruno

Reaction score
had 1 small buck cruise through. no does so far. perfect morning for calling.

bbruno

Reaction score
right in front of that fallen down tree is where I shot buck in 2009.

bbruno

Reaction score
day 7 night
back on corn set. warm breezy. got good buck on camera last night in this spot. saw 2 deer here last night. due to some business troubles been on the phone from my treestand ....here comes first doe of night so guess I did not screw it up lol. good to see. no does came out in this corner last night. wind is steady. she is eyeyeballing the decoy pretty hard.

picu

Reaction score
love this thread, i read it couple times a day. good luck. keep us posted

bbruno

Reaction score
well that was close. tonight just about dark deer steps out of the bed. by thne posture I knew it was a buck. came into the decoy. never really fully commited. it was just too dark. knew he had horns. sccould see with my binos that he had a cage...just too dark. 5-8 min earlier been a different story. we got pics of a decent buck? coming by a scrape at 7:30 this morning. and got pics of a good buck on scrape last night.

so going to hunt this area again in the morning. bucks are cruising these doe bedding areas off this corn field. good chance we can catch one on the field during daylight. don't hunt these spots much during the morning. usually in the timber. but timber is just not producing right now. at least on the ground we have been hunting.

Latest posts