Little tick

Browseline

Reaction score
I dug this tick out of my forearm a few weeks ago. If there hadn't been a red spot I wouldn't have known it was there. I couldn't tell if it was a tick until I got a magnifying glass and could see the legs. About a 32nd of an inch across. Smallest I've ever seen. I had no ill effects from it. Had Lyme a few years ago and don't want it again. I got lucky this time.

Attachments

NoDeerHere

Reaction score
That is the smallest I have seen. The wife calls me the tick magnet. Went for a short walk today and took a camera with me walked in 150 yards from the road set the camera and pulled 3 ticks off me and the wife had 1 on her. I got back from Florida on 4 May and got 2 tick bites before the end of the month. I hate them. I have not yet had Lyme and hope I don't get it.

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
Browse , that pic gave me the creeps ! Had to get the magnifying glass out and do a scan on my arms and legs on every little dot on my skin after seeing that pic. Had an older friend of mine a couple years ago who had no clue why he was feeling sick. Doc found a tick that had buried itself inside his armpit. Freakin nasty little critters !

mowbizz

Reaction score
Ain’t much you can do about one of those if he makes his trek into your nether-regions...:oops:

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Had Lymes a few times. Last time I had heart palpitations and sleep problems.

A friend of mine had heart symptoms and then had his heart stop and he had to be resuscitated several times due to Lymes.

jacinda

Reaction score
That is the smallest I have seen. The wife calls me the tick magnet. Went for a short walk today and took a camera with me walked in 150 yards from the road set the camera and pulled 3 ticks off me and the wife had 1 on her. I got back from Florida on 4 May and got 2 tick bites before the end of the month. I hate them. I have not yet had Lyme and hope I don't get it.
Great

VTHunter08

Reaction score
Had Lymes a few times. Last time I had heart palpitations and sleep problems.

A friend of mine had heart symptoms and then had his heart stop and he had to be resuscitated several times due to Lymes.
I'm dealing with lyme right now. I'm currently on month 6 of antibiotics. For years dealt with fatigue, memory loss, confusion, random bouts of anger, just attributed all of it to kids and getting older. Then started randomly losing the sight in my right eye, like one second I can see fine, the next everything was completely dark gray in only my right eye, and it would last about 5min before my sight would return. Thats when I started getting a little worried. Several ER visits, tests, scans, and even more misdiagnoses of seizures, strokes, blood clots, turmors, cancer. I mentioned lyme disease to them a couple times and they literally laughed at me. So I went out on my own and found someone that specialized in tick born illness. Tested positive for 2 different strains. Within 2mo of strong antibiotics my energy was back, my memory was back, I didn't randomly lash out like a psycho, and no more vision issues.

Wouldn't wish lyme disease on anyone!

SportsmanNH

Reaction score
I'm dealing with lyme right now. I'm currently on month 6 of antibiotics. For years dealt with fatigue, memory loss, confusion, random bouts of anger, just attributed all of it to kids and getting older. Then started randomly losing the sight in my right eye, like one second I can see fine, the next everything was completely dark gray in only my right eye, and it would last about 5min before my sight would return. Thats when I started getting a little worried. Several ER visits, tests, scans, and even more misdiagnoses of seizures, strokes, blood clots, turmors, cancer. I mentioned lyme disease to them a couple times and they literally laughed at me. So I went out on my own and found someone that specialized in tick born illness. Tested positive for 2 different strains. Within 2mo of strong antibiotics my energy was back, my memory was back, I didn't randomly lash out like a psycho, and no more vision issues.
Wouldn't wish lyme disease on anyone!
YIKES ! How long did the Docs say you need to be on meds ? 3 friends on mine had it . Sometimes it doesn't even show on tests for 3-6 months after being bit by one of those little suckers . One guy got over it fairly quickly within 4 months on meds. One other took meds for a year to get rid of it. He literally couldn't even get out of bed his joints hurt so much. Plus he had no strength. Same thing as you. Docs didn't have a clue what he had for 6 months. And my third buddy is still on meds after 2 years. He got the worst strain. He is a mortgage broker . He couldn't even think straight . It took a year before a Doc figured out what was going on with him. He will be on meds the rest of his life .

I bought a big piece of land years ago from a woman selling her Dads estate . She walked with a cane and she was maybe 50-55 years old . One day I asked her if she had been in some kind of accident that caused her to need a cane . She said that 5 years prior she had been diagnosed with Lyme disease . This is 1995 . In 1990 the Docs had no clue what was wrong with her. They thought she had rheumatoid arthritis . But other symptoms she had didn't make sense . It took the Docs 3 years to figure out she had lyme disease. By then it was too late for her joints. She had permanent damage to her cartilage in her knees .

Last edited:

NH Hunter

Reaction score
I’ve had muscle strain in my legs and groin area for the last 12 weeks. My chiropractor says it’s from me driving straight home from Florida. 21 hours in the car sitting stretching every 2-300 miles. I’ve played sports my entire life, beat the hell out of my fat ass the first couple of weeks hunting up and over mountains. I have nothing in my hips or back that feel like joint pain. Just muscle soreness. I’ve never taken this long to heal up. I feel fine after some stretching in the morning and can still play softball a few nights a week. It’s more aggravating than anything but I don’t feel as strong in my legs as I normally do. I was starting to wonder if this could possibly be Lyme. But I’ve held off from going to the docs because I’ve heard so many stories about people being laughed at and it dismissed by their PCP. Did any of you have that muscle soreness for a longer time than usual? I’m only 47. I find it hard that old age set in that quick.

VTHunter08

Reaction score
YIKES ! How long did the Docs say you need to be on meds ?
My doc said most of her patients are on meds for 6-12mo. My script right now will get me through 8mo. Then b/c of this whole Covid thing my doc has been forced to close up shop for good. My last apt she gave me some drops to ween me off the antibiotics so technically I'll be treated for 10mo. Fingers crossed that takes care of it b/c there is no one else I know of in northern vermont that treats lyme or even takes it serious.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
I’ve had muscle strain in my legs and groin area for the last 12 weeks. My chiropractor says it’s from me driving straight home from Florida. 21 hours in the car sitting stretching every 2-300 miles. I’ve played sports my entire life, beat the hell out of my fat ass the first couple of weeks hunting up and over mountains. I have nothing in my hips or back that feel like joint pain. Just muscle soreness. I’ve never taken this long to heal up. I feel fine after some stretching in the morning and can still play softball a few nights a week. It’s more aggravating than anything but I don’t feel as strong in my legs as I normally do. I was starting to wonder if this could possibly be Lyme. But I’ve held off from going to the docs because I’ve heard so many stories about people being laughed at and it dismissed by their PCP. Did any of you have that muscle soreness for a longer time than usual? I’m only 47. I find it hard that old age set in that quick.
Muscle aches and joint pain can definitely be a symptom. Go to your doctor and request a full Lyme screening. Tell him you were bit several times in the recent past.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
My doc said most of her patients are on meds for 6-12mo. My script right now will get me through 8mo. Then b/c of this whole Covid thing my doc has been forced to close up shop for good. My last apt she gave me some drops to ween me off the antibiotics so technically I'll be treated for 10mo. Fingers crossed that takes care of it b/c there is no one else I know of in northern vermont that treats lyme or even takes it serious.
Best of luck. I took 30 days of antibiotics to knock mine out. Who knows if it is entirely gone though.

NH Mountains

Reaction score
Definitely go in and get checked out. Have them rule out things. I can tell you since I hit 50 things take longer to heal. I’d been feeling run down recently and figured it was allergies and older age. Then I felt a sharp pain in my left flank. I figured it was a stone so I fought it for two weeks drinking lots of water. Finally went it. They did a CT scan and found the stone was the size of my thumb. The fluid had backed up so much the kidney would have failed in a few more days. They did emergency surgery and put in a stent to drain my kidney. Then I had to wait 3 weeks to have the stone removed. I head in Thursday for that. I’m lucky I went in when I did. He figures that stone has been growing for 10 years. I never felt any pain until

I had the Lyme symptoms about 8 years ago. I felt like I needed to sleep 20 hours a day. They put me on the doxycycline and I felt like I was back to normal in 2 days. The test came back negative but, he said 20 % do.
Shawn,

I’d go in and get it checked out. It may be Lyme but, there may be something else going on. They can rule out the other things.

I had a sharp pain in my left flank about 6 weeks ago. I knew it was a kidney stone. I drank lots of water hoping it would pass. After two weeks of pain I threw in the towel and went in.

They did a CT scan and confirmed it was a stone. Unfortunately it was a huge stone the size of my thumb. They did emergency surgery to put a stent in to drain the fluids. If I’d waited another week I’d probably have lost my kidney. They couldn’t do the surgery to remove the stone that day due to covid backups do I had to wait another month. They’ll do the surgery tomorrow. I’d been feeling tired but, never had any symptoms of pain, noticw
Muscle aches and joint pain can definitely be a symptom. Go to your doctor and request a full Lyme screening. Tell him you were bit several times in the recent past.
Get it checked out Shawn. Rule out Lyme and other issues that they may find from a blood and/or piss test. There may be something else going on that’ll sneak up on you. I know from experience. I’m headed in tomorrow to have a huge kidney stone removed that I had no idea that I had until it hit me hard. It’s the size of my thumb. Never had a clue it was growing that large inside of me until it felt like a knife jabbing me. If you go and they rule out things then it may just be you’re getting older. When I hit 50 I noticed it takes a lot longer to heal up. You need to be healed up for your moose hunt this fall.

Browseline

Reaction score
Did any of you have that muscle soreness for a longer time than usual? I’m only 47. I find it hard that old age set in that quick.
I very suddenly ached all over and could hardly walk. That lasted from when I got up one morning to about noon when I discovered a big bullseye ring behind my knee. I went to the VA hospital about 3pm and my doctor looked at the ring and didn't even test me. I was on antibiotics for 2 weeks I think, maybe it was a month? I felt good after 2 days and back to normal in 3 or 4. I have had other muscle soreness in my life but it never lasted more than 3 or 4 days.

Attachments

Browseline

Reaction score
Definitely go in and get checked out. Have them rule out things. I can tell you since I hit 50 things take longer to heal. I’d been feeling run down recently and figured it was allergies and older age. Then I felt a sharp pain in my left flank. I figured it was a stone so I fought it for two weeks drinking lots of water. Finally went it. They did a CT scan and found the stone was the size of my thumb. The fluid had backed up so much the kidney would have failed in a few more days. They did emergency surgery and put in a stent to drain my kidney. Then I had to wait 3 weeks to have the stone removed. I head in Thursday for that. I’m lucky I went in when I did. He figures that stone has been growing for 10 years. I never felt any pain until

I had the Lyme symptoms about 8 years ago. I felt like I needed to sleep 20 hours a day. They put me on the doxycycline and I felt like I was back to normal in 2 days. The test came back negative but, he said 20 % do.

Shawn,

I’d go in and get it checked out. It may be Lyme but, there may be something else going on. They can rule out the other things.

I had a sharp pain in my left flank about 6 weeks ago. I knew it was a kidney stone. I drank lots of water hoping it would pass. After two weeks of pain I threw in the towel and went in.

They did a CT scan and confirmed it was a stone. Unfortunately it was a huge stone the size of my thumb. They did emergency surgery to put a stent in to drain the fluids. If I’d waited another week I’d probably have lost my kidney. They couldn’t do the surgery to remove the stone that day due to covid backups do I had to wait another month. They’ll do the surgery tomorrow. I’d been feeling tired but, never had any symptoms of pain, noticw

Get it checked out Shawn. Rule out Lyme and other issues that they may find from a blood and/or piss test. There may be something else going on that’ll sneak up on you. I know from experience. I’m headed in tomorrow to have a huge kidney stone removed that I had no idea that I had until it hit me hard. It’s the size of my thumb. Never had a clue it was growing that large inside of me until it felt like a knife jabbing me. If you go and they rule out things then it may just be you’re getting older. When I hit 50 I noticed it takes a lot longer to heal up. You need to be healed up for your moose hunt this fall.
Good luck on your operation tomorrow.

Latest posts