Little of this and that

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
Spent another stretch up off the golden rd this week with the girls. Wanted to get away for 4 days, do some hiking, fishing, get the girls shooting, try out some new campfire cooking ideas, and get the wife acclimated to the new camping set up for the moose hunt. We had a blast and my daughter did great shooting and getting used to her 7mm08. I wanted her to worry less about the target and more safety, eye relief, working the bolt, etc. First shot puts it in the red!

Moose scouting starts next week, and all the cameras go up.

Really felt like fall in the evenings up there, sorta got me excited that the fun is just around the corner.

Attachments

Gwlambo

Reaction score
Looks like a great trip. Great shooting, now to find that elusive bull with a red dot on its vitals!

hammertime

Reaction score
I've found young ladies to be excellent shots. My daughter is an excellent shot. Once I figured out she was left eye dominant.

Big D

Reaction score
Very nice. I'm hoping to get over to the western end with my 8 year old daughter and do much of the same in the next few weeks. How do you like that tent? Been through any heavy weather with it yet?

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
Very nice. I'm hoping to get over to the western end with my 8 year old daughter and do much of the same in the next few weeks. How do you like that tent? Been through any heavy weather with it yet?
Love the tent. Good size with 2 guys with the stove, gear and wood. 4 no problem with no stove. It’s a well thought out design and has some nice features. No snow on it yet, just rain and it’s fine if it’s set up right. If you take the care to ensure the right angles of the walls, poles, guy wires then it’s storm proof. If you get passive on the set up, water will pool on the edges. I learn a bit more every time I use them.

It doesn’t replace a true outfitter canvas wall tent, but it packs down pretty small and requires less care. I can have it up in 15 minutes, and don’t get too concerned about putting it away damp like you have to worry about with canvas. I have two of them, and can set up a pretty good camp for a small group in short order.

Big D

Reaction score
Thanks for that info. For some reason I'm always thinking about tents even though we have 3 camps in 3 NMW'S zones that we never have enough time to visit as it is. If I see one of those tents in my travels in 4 I'll stop and say hi if it's you.

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
Thanks for that info. For some reason I'm always thinking about tents even though we have 3 camps in 3 NMW'S zones that we never have enough time to visit as it is. If I see one of those tents in my travels in 4 I'll stop and say hi if it's you.
It’s a good mobile option. There are two guys on EBay that buy up all the Cabelas returns from the bargain cave down south and resell. Usually can find one for about half price that looks to be used once.

I’ll be mostly in zone 8 this fall, unless something changes.

JDK

Reaction score
Quality time right there. Very nice

Latest posts