Lithium vs. Alkaline Lets hear your opinion.

NorthMaine

Reaction score
For those that use basic cameras like cheap Wildgames or the like, I have had decent luck with the Amazon NiMh rechargeable.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
I used the lithium’s this season. I’m sold!! I’ll never go back to alkaline. All season and still at 100% when I pulled them last weekend.

Reaction score
Old thread, and I'm going to buck the trend here to say that I run about a dozen cameras and use only alkaline batteries. Unlike many of you my cameras are fairly accessible, the furthest being 90 minutes from home. They're mostly Brownings, running 30-second video clips. I typically must swap the batteries twice per year, and they are out 365 days.

Lithium doesn't tempt me due to cost, but I have considered rechargeables. Due to the lower voltage, I don't know how well this will work, or whether they will hold up in the cold.

One annoying habit of some cameras is dying for night shots. The batteries reach a point where the added load of the LEDs shuts the camera down. I'll go in to the camera and see a bunch of "0 bytes" files with nocturnal timestamps, but the daytime videos are fine. Would lithium solve this? If so, then I'd consider it.

Latest posts