Lithium vs. Alkaline Lets hear your opinion.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
I have a friend who's made the switch to Lithium batteries in his cameras and swears by them. I'm curious if anyone else has any experience. I spent a ton on batteries last year, although my cameras were out from July to Dec. I'm using all Browning cams set on 30 second video. BTC 7, BTC 7A and the new Patriots. They are all in 1080 mode. I don't like leaving a camera for another week when the battery level is around 70%. Love to hear some opinions ........

shawn_in_MA

Reaction score
Lithiums work great in trail cams, gps etc. They will at least double my number of pics on a cam. Lithiums are a different animal...they go from full to dead...but that is the way they are made, they have full power or no power

DriveJohnson

Reaction score
Yes, was using regular alkaline in my Spypoints, but switched to lithium. I put them in last November '20 and just had to replace them two weeks ago. Well worth the cost...

NH Hunter

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the input. The cheapest I can find them on Amazon is around 1.25 each. That's almost double the cost of Alkaline, so I would expect them to outlast by more than double to justify the cost of six cameras.

lester2

Reaction score
My experience hasn’t been that good with lithium’s. A buddy and I put out two cameras each back in early April. We checked them mid September and both of mine with energizer lithium AA’s were dead. One stopped working in late June and the other in July. He had Energizer max AA’s in his and they were fine. I have heard of “counterfeit” energizer lithium batteries out there so maybe I got a hold of some, not sure…

kevin in nh

Reaction score
I switched out to lithium last year so far so good. I checked then in June, and again September and still good from last December.

Latest posts