Lightweight snow boot

mowbizz

Reaction score
I've owned a half dozen or more Alpha Burley Sports....... These do fit better but they do feel a little wider than the ABS. If I can avoid the heal squeak by the end of the season, we have a winner!!!
Someone should invent a boot that “grunts” like a buck every few steps…I know when I slip my mucks on when walk my dog in the morning, the make all kinds of squeaking and flapping noises against my bare shin with shorts on. When dressed for hunting those noises go away though!

JDK

Reaction score
Someone should invent a boot that “grunts” like a buck every few steps…I know when I slip my mucks on when walk my dog in the morning, the make all kinds of squeaking and flapping noises against my bare shin with shorts on. When dressed for hunting those noises go away though!

Boots don't make you grunt but apparently suspenders do.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
It's official, I hate the new rubber boots. I'll wear them because of the money I spent on them. They are way to wide for my feet. I have an insert on top of their cushion pad, thick Cabela socks and they still slide all over the place. I did a two mile loop around a swamp last night in them and my feet killed. There's some "side hilling" involved, so a shit boot that doesn't have good support is not ideal.

I've seen the other side with laced up light boots. I don't know how you rubber boot guys have stayed true. I hunt some pretty wet, gnarly area and manage to have dry, comfortable feet all day now.

JDK

Reaction score
What is your lace up boot?

mowbizz

Reaction score
It's official, I hate the new rubber boots. I'll wear them because of the money I spent on them. They are way to wide for my feet. I have an insert on top of their cushion pad, thick Cabela socks and they still slide all over the place. I did a two mile loop around a swamp last night in them and my feet killed. There's some "side hilling" involved, so a shit boot that doesn't have good support is not ideal.

I've seen the other side with laced up light boots. I don't know how you rubber boot guys have stayed true. I hunt some pretty wet, gnarly area and manage to have dry, comfortable feet all day now.
In the “old days” all we wore were Dunham’s work boots (or similar) like Timberland, etc.
Much better footing for side billing and such…I didn’t own a muck boot until 8 years ago when we moved to central NH from Salem area. I bought some nice looking Irish Setter rubber boots and one season, when I was (still) still hunting, I did a 2-3 mile loop out my back door covering a good 2sq mile area and by the time I came out to my road again 4-6 hours later, my ANKLES were in bad shape. Could barley walk the mile back to the house on a paved road. That was the year I gave up still hunting and went to a ladder and ground blind. Also tried the Muck boot everyone was praising and found them very comfy. I don’t walk much now because my hips are going but if I decide to venture a little wider, I go so slow the boots are adequate. Anyone want some “once used” Irish Setters size 14? 😂

Muzzleloader

Reaction score

Sell them. I feel the same way. Although I'm going to try a set of Kamik Cody XT, which are like a hybrid between the two.

Latest posts