Lightweight snow boot

Mainewoods

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm wanting something low maintenance. Got enough power equipment to maintain. So far, Baffin Yoho in the lead.
The Hoffman's will be just as waterproof as the Baffins and last much longer. But they will need boot dressing once a year, and probably too heavy than what you are looking for.

Muzzleloader

Reaction score
I ended up with Irish Setter "Icetrek model". They are 12 inches height and 1600 grams of primaloft. They are also light weight. If you need anything for hunting or ice fishing, you better grab it right now. I found a lot of boots sold out / out of stock because of Covid effects. 1634541078341.jpeg

medrhunter

Reaction score
Can't wear them. The 9's are tight, 10's too loose. Last time I checked they didn't do half sizes.
I had the same issue with a few pairs of boots I bought for Maine this year.
Fixed by adding an extra footbed or swapping out the existing with a thicker one.
I bought a few different ones so i can change sock weight.
Trial and error to get the right combo's

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
I ended up with Irish Setter "Icetrek model". They are 12 inches height and 1600 grams of primaloft. They are also light weight. If you need anything for hunting or ice fishing, you better grab it right now. I found a lot of boots sold out / out of stock because of Covid effects. View attachment 25296
Those look nice. Let us know how you like them.

mowbizz

Reaction score
Can't wear them. The 9's are tight, 10's too loose. Last time I checked they didn't do half sizes.
Have to chuckle at youguys that can’t fit into a boot size…😂
With size 14 clown feet that are wider than a woods road, I take what I can get! Add hammer toe and a past bunion surgery and if my foot goes in all the way with little or no pain, it’s a win! 🤣

Muzzleloader

Reaction score
The boots came in today. I just gave them about an hours of use. No complaints. Many online reviews complained and made it sound like the whole boots was crazy stiff, and that they would require loads of break in time. I do not agree with those reviewers at all. They are comfortable and broke in right out of the box in my opinion.

Muzzleloader

Reaction score
I guess the rear shank has some stiffness. But that is how I like them, and what I wanted. I like a lot of ankle and leg support. Less fatigue and less stress on the body that way.

Muzzleloader

Reaction score
I ended up with Irish Setter "Icetrek model". They are 12 inches height and 1600 grams of primaloft. They are also light weight. If you need anything for hunting or ice fishing, you better grab it right now. I found a lot of boots sold out / out of stock because of Covid effects. View attachment 25296
UPDATE: These did not work out for me. They are more for a person with wide feet, meaty feet ankles chins and calves. I am the opposite of that. I could not get a snug fit. To much of a swimming feel for me. I got some ROCKY MOUNTAIN STALKER PRO 10 INCH HEIGHT BOOTS. They are similar to Kennetrek style boots, but about 300 dollars less. The Rocky's will fill a gap in my wardrobe, but not sure if I will need to add more of a blizzard boot also or not.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
UPDATE: These did not work out for me. They are more for a person with wide feet, meaty feet ankles chins and calves. I am the opposite of that. I could not get a snug fit. To much of a swimming feel for me. I got some ROCKY MOUNTAIN STALKER PRO 10 INCH HEIGHT BOOTS. They are similar to Kennetrek style boots, but about 300 dollars less. The Rocky's will fill a gap in my wardrobe, but not sure if I will need to add more of a blizzard boot also or not.
Not saying you will have a problem, but I never bought another pair of Rocky Boots after my experience with a pair of Rock Snow Stalkers. After 2 seasons of light use the rubber detached from the leather on the back. I called them and they said the warranty was only a year. I asked if they wanted me to mail them the boots so they could see what happened and they said "no". Lady was kind of short with me and I said "f you" to Rocky Boots from then on.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
See, you should have stuck with the sexy Canadian boots... 😂

JDK

Reaction score
The Arctic Pro are my sitting boots and the Woody Sports are my walking boots.
Longbow

Do youlike the Woody Sports? My Boggs are falling apart and I need something new. Not sure what yeti

Muzzleloader

Reaction score
Not saying you will have a problem, but I never bought another pair of Rocky Boots after my experience with a pair of Rock Snow Stalkers. After 2 seasons of light use the rubber detached from the leather on the back. I called them and they said the warranty was only a year. I asked if they wanted me to mail them the boots so they could see what happened and they said "no". Lady was kind of short with me and I said "f you" to Rocky Boots from then on.
I like them so far, wearing around the house for a few hours. Much sturdier footing than the Icetrek Irish Setter. They are much more adjustable. I will probably add either a Lacrosse or Rocky more extreme type weather boot. These here should work for almost all conditions though. They seem quite versatile. 1635369751403.png

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
Longbow

Do youlike the Woody Sports? My Boggs are falling apart and I need something new. Not sure what yeti
Wore Lacrosse Burleys and Grange for years. Still have them, but they haven't seen any use in Maine since I got the Woody Sports. Very light, easy on and off, my feet stay much dryer from sweat than the Lacrosse. Been wearing mine with 1 pair of the heavyweight Darn Tough Vermont socks. Mine have held up well so far.

JDK

Reaction score
Wore Lacrosse Burleys and Grange for years. Still have them, but they haven't seen any use in Maine since I got the Woody Sports. Very light, easy on and off, my feet stay much dryer from sweat than the Lacrosse. Been wearing mine with 1 pair of the heavyweight Darn Tough Vermont socks. Mine have held up well so far.
Thank you

NH Hunter

Reaction score
I'm breaking in a pair these this season. I'll let you know what I think by the end of the year. They seem to run a little on the big side. It shouldn't bother me as I wear a heavy sock, and a custom orthopedic insert. They are narrower than the mucks in my opinion. Ankle support is very good for a rubber boot, and they are pretty light.

longbow

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm breaking in a pair these this season. I'll let you know what I think by the end of the year. They seem to run a little on the big side. It shouldn't bother me as I wear a heavy sock, and a custom orthopedic insert. They are narrower than the mucks in my opinion. Ankle support is very good for a rubber boot, and they are pretty light.

those look nice, similar to the mucks, a lot different and lighter I'm sure than the Lacrosse boots I have worn in the past.

NH Hunter

Reaction score
those look nice, similar to the mucks, a lot different and lighter I'm sure than the Lacrosse boots I have worn in the past.
I've owned a half dozen or more Alpha Burley Sports....... These do fit better but they do feel a little wider than the ABS. If I can avoid the heal squeak by the end of the season, we have a winner!!!

SportsmanNH

Reaction score

That thing looks like a prosthetic leg ! Im sure you can avoid the heal squeak by spraying some WD-40 on the ankle gear . :D

Latest posts