License fees reduced !

Flatlander

Reaction score
Today the bill was signed by the govenor to roll back the license fees. The house off reps voted 147-1 and the state senate voted 36-0 in favor of the bill. Fishing season starts saturday so the timing is excellent. I don't have the figures in front of me but the new fees are supposed to be a 25% increase over the old rates. The repealed rate was a 100% increase over the old rate.

arlow

Reaction score
Today the bill was signed by the govenor to roll back the license fees. The house off reps voted 147-1 and the state senate voted 36-0 in favor of the bill. Fishing season starts saturday so the timing is excellent. I don't have the figures in front of me but the new fees are supposed to be a 25% increase over the old rates. The repealed rate was a 100% increase over the old rate.

Boy am I glad I waited!!! I have to get a CT fishing license for a tournament on candlewood in June! 80 bucks was gonna be hard to swallow!!

MBullism

Reaction score
No doubt, glad to hear it... I thought 40+ for a fishing license was a tad high, but 80 was ridiculous.

Notice how they do this... classic. They want to raise them so they do, over the top. Everybody freeks, so they roll them back to 25% more than they were.

They get their increase and have us saying thank you, and come election time they can say how responsive they were in getting fees rolled back, friends to the sportsman.... pricks.

Still, can't look a gift horse in the mouth, right? even if it has a tail above it. 50 is better than 80 :(

Bill/NH

Reaction score
They get their increase and have us saying thank you, and come election time they can say how responsive they were in getting fees rolled back, friends to the sportsman.... pricks.
That would be 'WONDERFUL PRICKS'. show some gratitude MB!!!!;):D

Bill/NH

Reaction score
25% increase over the old rates.
Flat, me and Dan bought our licenses before the fee increase last year, I'm wondering, do we stand a 25% more chance this year of you bringing us to those private land shootouts, er I mean, private land deer hunts this year than last????;):D Probably not hunting Conn this year, but it was sure good to hunt with you for a morning and thanks for the medium coffee with cream, perfect!!!!:smile:

Flatlander

Reaction score
Bill if I could I would. I don't own the land so it's not my call. The fines for motor vehicle violations were increased to compensate for "the lost revenue." At least that applies to everyone not just sportsman.

Earl

Reaction score
resident fishing license will be $28.00 up $8.00 over last year, according to the article in the local paper tonight......

bigbore442001

Reaction score

Where did you hear of this news? I checked the CT Assembly Website and I could not find anything about it passing the governor's desk.

shawn_in_MA

Reaction score
This is EXCELLENT news!!! I really wasn't looking forward to spending $200 on just an archery license this year! $125 I will deal with !

B

BBhunter1002

So I get screwed out of $30 or are they going to give me a credit?

picu

Reaction score
i bought mine the first week of jan.2010 , so i am out 75 bucks. thank god i nailed 2 does the 3rd week of jan. in zone 11. that helps alot and makes me feel better.

12 ring

Reaction score
I just looked up the new prices for a hunting Lice Res= $19.00 v NON Res=$68.00 Tags Res=19 Non res = $68 Turkey tags for res or nonres is 19.00 I don't know what a resident archery is but non res is $135.00. I hope most of you waited and supported our effort to make this happen if not then its probably good it cost you more. I am glad the prices came down but I still think they are way too much. Think about it this way our archery stamp is $5.10 how would you like to pay $135.00 for our stamp.

Tracksoup

Reaction score
I just looked up the new prices for a hunting Lice Res= $19.00 v NON Res=$68.00 Tags Res=19 Non res = $68 Turkey tags for res or nonres is 19.00 I don't know what a resident archery is but non res is $135.00. I hope most of you waited and supported our effort to make this happen if not then its probably good it cost you more. I am glad the prices came down but I still think they are way too much. Think about it this way our archery stamp is $5.10 how would you like to pay $135.00 for our stamp.
Thats a hell of a deal for archery. I bet that is the only thing the commonwealth can say they are cheapest in the nation with. N.H archery tag for a resident is 16.00 and 16.00 for a second tag that you have to buy before filling the first. Our turkey tag just went to 16.00 from6.00 two years ago. There were guys that acually bitched about having to pay 16.00 to shoot two turkeys.:mad:

MBullism

Reaction score
Yup, it's definately where you are and what you're used to... but there is also an upper limit and you know it when you get there. I also honestly believe it's politics 101.

I didn't mind paying 40 or 42 to fish CT... someone from CT coming to MA to fish would pay 37.50... kinda apples and apples. When they look for 80...

If I went to CT to bowhunt, 125... someone from CT coming north, 99.50 license, then 5 dollar stamps on top. When they look for 250...

Call me paranoid or whatever. Whenever I see chit like this I always think they jacked it way up so they could partially roll it back. It's just like the Mansfield school committee voting to cut all afterschool activities including sports. Do you REALLY think they are gonna cut sports? If they are, why did they hire a new athletic director in the vote prior to cutting sports? They only vote to cut sports so they can either raise taxes to pay for it, or begin charging each student a fee to play. (Their budget is like 2 mil in the red, the 650k they claim cutting sports will save them didn't get them to 2 mil...) ....pricks.

Yes sir! May I have another?!

Latest posts