Leupold Scope Fakes

Kingman Cruncher

Reaction score
A lot of you may know this, but there are a bunch of leupold scope fakes from China floating around, especially on EBay. Read an article recently that a small reputable firearms dealer was also buying these in bulk and selling them to customers. I see a lot of fakes on EBay and it’s getting to the point where I think they are gathering ligitimate packaging, but selling as “new but opened” fake scopes.

Just wanted to give a heads up, as I have read on other forums a few people being taken, and I almost fell for a scam the other day. Just an FYI. If it looks too good to be true, probably is.

mowbizz

Reaction score
A lot of you may know this, but there are a bunch of leupold scope fakes from China floating around, especially on EBay. Read an article recently that a small reputable firearms dealer was also buying these in bulk and selling them to customers. I see a lot of fakes on EBay and it’s getting to the point where I think they are gathering ligitimate packaging, but selling as “new but opened” fake scopes.

Just wanted to give a heads up, as I have read on other forums a few people being taken, and I almost fell for a scam the other day. Just an FYI. If it looks too good to be true, probably is.
Thanks for the heads up...Best thing to do is support your local small shop...if it ain’t wrapped in new packaging, you’re gambling with your $$

JDK

Reaction score
IF it is the same one, that reputable dealer knew exactly what he was doing.

JDK

Reaction score
Yup

Before you buy, you can call Leupold with the serial number and they will tell you.

Latest posts