Let's See Your 2020 Archery Setup!

Fixed blade

Reaction score
Man...I just watched a YouTube vid on a guy using this system and i must say this is a patient man’s game...just setting himself up to enter the woods was like getting into a monkey suit with all the strings and ropes and pouches and sticks hanging off him.
A young man’s game as well as a patient one! 😅
I would agree to disagree. Happy hunting.

Grandkid

Reaction score
I think that the more years under belt the less crap you want to haul around. Shoot a knife, drag rope and bow or gun ( now a ground pad Or tree seat) is all I want. Roger

mowbizz

Reaction score
I think that the more years under belt the less crap you want to haul around. Shoot a knife, drag rope and bow or gun ( now a ground pad Or tree seat) is all I want. Roger
I try to go light but between the propane bottles and the bag of Chunky’s chocolate bars I get weighed down a bit...thankfully it’s only a 5 minute walk to my blind! 😅

NH Hunter

Reaction score
I just use 3 lone wolf sticks. No aiders. I bought a hand drill and bolts but I still prefer the sticks. The bolts will be for a couple areas I have a long hike to get to.
I used the same sticks, but had 4. Its' good to hear someone is finally building a platform. A member here was nice enough to send me a box of the ratchet strap steps. I put two steps on one strap and that was my support once at the top. I haven't bow hunted in going on 5 or 6 years so I sold the saddle a while ago. By far the easiest way to pack into a remote location or even a quick sit around a fields edge. Much quieter than any climber I ever used, and set up much quicker.

The lone wolf sticks are sweet because of how nice they pack up together.

Wandling

Reaction score
I just built a dozen arrows. Gold Tip 300. 50 grain FACT Weights. 485 total weight with 125 grain head. I put a 1/2” reflective wrap on it too. 6BE2FF01-DBFE-43AD-A195-8EEC84D8CDAB.jpeg

VTHunter08

Reaction score
Everything I use to bowhunt fits in the pack. Extra clothes can be attached to the sides along with climbing sticks if I use them that day. It weighs under 10 pounds as is.
So under 10lbs without your climbing sticks? How much do your climbing sticks weigh? Just curious why don't you wear your saddle in? Very new to all of this and trying to figure out what my game plan is going to be for getting in and out of the woods

Fixed blade

Reaction score
So under 10lbs without your climbing sticks? How much do your climbing sticks weigh? Just curious why don't you wear your saddle in? Very new to all of this and trying to figure out what my game plan is going to be for getting in and out of the woods
cant speak to Wandling but I wear mine in sometimes and pack it other times. For me no rhyme or reason. I don’t see an advantage either way. I hunt from a mantis and it folds down to softball size And is super quiet to put on. Actually thinking about it if I am carrying in my bibs I usually carry my saddle. That would be the only true pattern.

Last edited:

Wandling

Reaction score
I normally wear my saddle in. My sticks weigh around 7-8 pounds.