Last visit to the vet

Igloo

Reaction score
Not a hunting dog, but today is that painful day when the dog must go to the vet for the last time. If the state issued hunting licenses for other people's dinner, he'd be an ace.

Still, I will miss George.

View attachment 20767

Igloo

Reaction score
That’s tough. Remember the good times with him and be consoled by the knowledge that you gave him a good life.
Sage advice. Thanks. As this was planned, I did all of the things I could to say goodbye. The kids seem to be taking it ok. We still have another (tail in bottom of photo) who hopefully has several years left.

What sucks about owning dogs is that the most painful part comes last.

getMeOut

Reaction score
Feel bad about not seeing him anymore. Don't feel bad about ending his suffering. That is what good owners do.

Igloo

Reaction score
Thank you all. Its never as easy as you think until it actually happens.

Mainewoods

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about George, but you did the right thing. Still has to be tough as hell though.

mowbizz

Reaction score
I dread the day this has to happen...my condolences to your family.

benny8

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss Igloo. My old baby girl is not far from the rainbow bridge, and it tears me up inside. Remember the good times.

Turningleaf

Reaction score
So sorry to have just read this...putting a dog to rest is one of the hardest things to do in my opinion. I’ve had to put 3 down in the last 6 years and haven’t still been able to pull the trigger on getting another.....they say the dog finds you. I hope that is true in time.